IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ramracing77
  #1 8/17/09 8:07 PM
I would like to say thank you to Jhon Gurly for sticking to his word saturday night at Charleston. He posted last week that if there were at least 14 iron block cars there, he would run an original SCORA race for the final on August 29th. We had 14, and we all comitted to be at Kamp,so thank you Jhon for giving us the opprotunity to go out like we came in !!
2 Likes: Motormasher, Pushtruck
Dgentry51 (Offline)
  #2 8/17/09 8:22 PM
Originally Posted by ramracing77:
i would like to say thank you to jhon gurly for sticking to his word saturday night at charleston. He posted last week that if there were at least 14 iron block cars there, he would run an original scora race for the final on august 29th. We had 14, and we all comitted to be at kamp,so thank you jhon for giving us the opprotunity to go out like we came in !!
john3g
  #3 8/18/09 10:24 AM
Thank you for the support.I made the deal with the original SCORA members so that they can go out the way they came in. I want to thank all the teams that made Charlestons race last weekend a great night for us. I wanted to give the steel block owners what could be their last shot as a stand alone series and I will try to make it the best night possible for them. John Gurley
john3g
  #4 8/18/09 2:05 PM
I would also like to ask that ALL of the steel block owners contact me as soon as possible so that I can get some what of an idea on car count.Thanks again John Gurley.
jfry1 (Offline)
  #5 8/18/09 5:51 PM
You could have put motormasher on that list but i think i heard he is just going to run steel block wing stuff. so once you get that series going we will finally get to see the man, the myth, the legend turning some hot laps!
Hey look over there its motormasher at the track!........ nah just playin!
sprint79 (Offline)
  #6 8/18/09 8:44 PM
You can count me in for Kamp. I want to give a big thanks to John. The amount of leg work he did to keep that show isn't realized by many. He ran the show very well and it all started with an informative drivers meeting. Many things that came up in the meeting were put to a vote by show of hands. To my understanding that is how it was meant to be both at the track and away. John was strongly criticized before and during the night. I saw him make decisions in our best intrest, such as the start of the feature being delayed a handful of laps for our safety. I know John is trying to keep this series going. He is ready to commit to running the series next year. He needs our support and I for one and fully ready to give it. Way to go at Charleston John! Can't wait till Kamp.
john3g
  #7 8/18/09 9:27 PM
The SCORA guys are the best!!! Thanks goes out to all of you for your kind words and support.I have received several emails today giving me a ton of support and I thank you all for it.Hope to see a ton of cars at Kamp on the 29th......
John Gurley
mscs20 (Offline)
  #8 8/18/09 10:45 PM
#20 and #72 will be there also John.
john3g
  #9 8/19/09 11:45 AM
Looks like one helluva start guys.I just heard from Rob Nimee and he will also have their car at Kamp along with Nick Landon of the MTS group and I have also been emailed by other MTS regulars. So it's looking pretty darn good thanks to all of you.Thanks again for all the support.John Gurley
john3g
  #10 8/19/09 2:51 PM
I just hung up with Gail Kamp and we are good to go for August 29th which happens to be Bob Kamps 69th Birthday!! All HOT DOGS ARE ONLY .69 CENTS!!!!! This is a fat boys DREAM!!!! (A.K.A ME). We all need to pull together and make this the best steel block race of the year!!!

**** We will start 20 cars!!! $100.00 BUCKS TOW MONEY!!!!!

****IMPORTANT: ANY PUSH TRUCKS THAT ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING US OUT FOR THIS RACE WOULD BE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...

****ALL STEEL BLOCK TEAMS ARE WELCOME!!!

****ALL SPRINT CARS FANS SUPPOORT IS NEEDED AND APPRECIATED!!!!!

****LETS ALL CELEBRATE BOBS BIRTHDAY!!!*****