IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Soggybottom steel block sprints
6/7/09, 8:43 AM   #1
Soggybottom steel block sprints
rkhracing

Anyone have any results?Car count?

6/7/09, 3:34 PM   #2
Re: Soggybottom steel block sprints
MikeJ1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhracing View Post
Anyone have any results?Car count?
anybody know ????

6/7/09, 7:41 PM   #3
#1SPRINTVET

Short on cars and just ran a feature. The finish was Alex Coonan of Ransom, Illinois over J.T, Stapp, Steve Thomas, Dave Peperak, Alex Pettas, J. L. Brewer. Coonan is the fifth different winner in five races. Craig Budde, J. T. Stapp, J. C. Bland, Ray Kenens are the other four winners going into Terre Haute this weekend.

6/7/09, 8:48 PM   #4
rkhracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SPRINTVET View Post
Short on cars and just ran a feature. The finish was Alex Coonan of Ransom, Illinois over J.T, Stapp, Steve Thomas, Dave Peperak, Alex Pettas, J. L. Brewer. Coonan is the fifth different winner in five races. Craig Budde, J. T. Stapp, J. C. Bland, Ray Kenens are the other four winners going into Terre Haute this weekend.

Thanks,Hang in there maybe the car count will get better.I really hope this thing works.May have to let the aluminum blocks start running if things dont get better.Maybe make them add a little weight and keep the pay down like it is and that will keep the big money teams out.We are running a 305 nonwing car now and hope we can move up to some more cubic inches and run with yall.

6/7/09, 8:50 PM   #5
Eagle14

MSCS put on a great show at TSS!!!

6/7/09, 9:23 PM   #6
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle14 View Post
Congrats to them...isn't there a thread for them somewhere. Sorry, but Sam is spending quite a bit of time to make this series take off. MSCS has been established for a long time now (well, longer then a few years). I wish the Sam the best of luck and wished I could have helped him. *

*if you weren't saying that in a mean way, I apoligize.

6/7/09, 9:27 PM   #7
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle14 View Post

I hope you had a great time..

6/7/09, 9:35 PM   #8
Eagle14

I didn't mean it in any way. It was a statement. I wish them all the luck, but I find it very hard to believe, however, that this series was never intended to be in direct comp. to MSCS, but when it first started on here all we heard was 20-25 cars minimum coming from Michigan, KY, and Indiana, but it just seems very inflated, but glad it is got this far.

6/8/09, 8:35 AM   #9
Metal66

4 of the steel block guys went to paragon(according to there results) and at least one went to tri state.I think its bad they did this but soggy bottom is a long way for some of these guys to travel on low exspenses.But at the same time they are getting good tow money just to show up.Still got to give this series time to grow.So come on guys in the steelblock sprints,if you want a series that is designed just for you where you can be the stars,then get out there and support them.

6/8/09, 4:52 PM   #10
sprint79

I hate to hear that car count was down. I am waiting on engine parts to be able to make Terre Haute. In the mean time I was offered a deal to run a alum. block car at Paragon and was only planning on watching tss anyway. I know of a couple more guys waiting on parts as well. It will all come together. Hang in there Sam!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Soggybottom steel block sprints