IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
deadhorse30 (Offline)
  #61 11/13/23 11:05 AM
Yes Ohio has a couple regional series. Neither of these series are even close to the level of the All Stars and might have a team or two follow their series. OVSCA has a very low payout and when have you heard anyone say they can't wait for a FAST show. The All Stars have usually been around 4 - 8 full time teams throughout history. People talk about full timers on tours but honestly it's never been very high. It's always been about those ASCOC teams with the addition of the roaming teams that made the product strong.
2 Likes: flagboy55, mlamb
revjimk (Online)
  #62 11/13/23 8:46 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
There are two regional series in the OH, IN, PA region. FAST and OVSCA
I thought FAST was only 2 tracks, Fremont & Attica....
Did they add some more?
Hardly a regional series......
brown11b (Offline)
  #63 11/13/23 9:23 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Did they add some more?
2 second search shows that they ran in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, and West Virginia for 25 shows. Seems regional to me.
2 Likes: flagboy55, WinglessLovers
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #64 11/14/23 9:39 AM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Did they add some more?
It was, Jim. That all changed back in 2019.

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...highlight=FAST

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #65 11/14/23 10:51 AM
This just off the top of my head, Ohio has AFCS (Attica Fremont Series) FAST, and OVSCA. Does anyone know of any others? And FAST in alliance with HL is doing Ohio Speed Week
staggerman (Offline)
  #66 11/14/23 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
This just off the top of my head, Ohio has AFCS (Attica Fremont Series) FAST, and OVSCA. Does anyone know of any others? And FAST in alliance with HL is doing Ohio Speed Week
That is correct, but the rumor mill is another one coming. Time will tell....
3 Likes: flagboy55, nathans1012, PIT CART
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #67 11/14/23 5:51 PM
I wonder if High Limit getting Skagit Speedway and the Gold Cup at Chico cancels the WoO making their way to the west coast after Knoxville Nationals. Last year WoO was at Skagit Labor Day weekend and in 2024 they are at Huset's on Labor Day weekend.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
JJMooney (Offline)
  #68 11/14/23 6:07 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
I wonder if High Limit getting Skagit Speedway and the Gold Cup at Chico cancels the WoO making their way to the west coast after Knoxville Nationals. Last year WoO was at Skagit Labor Day weekend and in 2024 they are at Huset's on Labor Day weekend.
I heard WRG CEO Brian Carter on the Wing Nation podcast last week. He said that the WoO was definitely going to be in California "a little bit". After Labor Day. I'd guess So Cal (Perris) maybe up north to Tulare.

The podcast can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyNVy_3gN68
3 Likes: flagboy55, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #69 11/14/23 8:20 PM
Rumors of a big race at Tulare, but Perris also makes sense.
revjimk (Online)
  #70 11/14/23 8:48 PM
Originally Posted by brown11b:
2 second search shows that they ran in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, and West Virginia for 25 shows. Seems regional to me.
Thanks
Asking people here only took 1.65 seconds, so it was more efficient....