IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Sunday’s kokomo gp called off due to rain
4/28/24, 9:40 AM   #1
Usac: Sunday’s kokomo gp called off due to rain
admin

4/28/24 9:25 AM SUNDAY’S KOKOMO GP CALLED OFF DUE TO RAIN

More...

SUNDAY’S KOKOMO GP CALLED OFF DUE TO RAIN

Kokomo, Indiana (April 28, 2024)………Steady overnight rain has forced cancellation of Sunday’s USAC NOS Energy Drink Midget National Championship season opener at Kokomo (Ind.) Speedway, scheduled for April 28.

Following the complete washout of the Kokomo Grand Prix, the USAC National Midget season will now open with two consecutive nights in Belleville, Kansas at the Belleville High Banks Short Track on May 17-18.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/28/24, 10:35 AM   #2
Re: Usac: Sunday’s kokomo gp called off due to rain
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

Nuts!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/28/24, 10:43 AM   #3
Pancho Stapp

Three years in a row this has happened. Move the race until the middle of May instead of going to Belleville. This is the racing capital of the world so showcase it. USAC should be in Indiana during the month of May period. I’m off my soapbox now, everyone go enjoy your local race tracks weather permitting.

4/28/24, 11:22 AM   #4
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp View Post
Three years in a row this has happened. Move the race until the middle of May instead of going to Belleville. This is the racing capital of the world so showcase it. USAC should be in Indiana during the month of May period. I’m off my soapbox now, everyone go enjoy your local race tracks weather permitting.
You are spot on, Pancho. I agree 100%. Maybe it is high time to put April dirt track racing in Indiana to death.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, Speedmax3, tirespinner
4/28/24, 11:35 AM   #5
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
You are spot on, Pancho. I agree 100%. Maybe it is high time to put April dirt track racing in Indiana to death.
You realize that Lincoln Park, Paragon and Lawrenceburg were all able to run last night. All are dirt tracks in Indiana. Just because one area has 3 straight days of rain does not mean that the whole state will be drowned. Just bad luck for Kokomo.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, PJ Wright, progressive22, tirespinner, TNRustler
4/28/24, 12:49 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post

Burg has four races and a practice in in April. I remember we were lucky to run by June due to no drainage or get one in then down for six weeks.. Hopefully Kokomo's upgrades improve their problems.

4/28/24, 12:55 PM   #7
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp View Post

Interesting, have you ever been to Bellville?No place like it IMO.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

5 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, mlamb, Mud Dobber, tirespinner
4/28/24, 1:20 PM   #8
Pancho Stapp

Whether i have gone there isn’t the point they can go there anytime. I didn’t say skip the place. To me it makes sense because the sprint cars are racing in the state already. Drivers, crew and owners can sleep in their own beds and the drive out can be made at a later date. The tracks in Indiana should be scheduled as much as possible in May, just my opinion.

6 members like this post: flagboy55, Hubie48, jdull99, mc/rider, Mud Dobber, PAW
4/28/24, 4:41 PM   #9
ossuks

that little crap track in the infield is not "Bellville"!

2 members like this post: CRA91, Pancho Stapp
4/28/24, 6:16 PM   #10
Hubie48

that little crap track in the infield is not "Bellville"!

HIGHBANKS HIGHBANKS HIGHBANKS

what a bunch of malarkey

Great post, I agree

1 member likes this post: Pancho Stapp
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Sunday’s kokomo gp called off due to rain