IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
spankytoo (Offline)
  #1 9/23/09 11:57 AM
I am thinking of traveling to Eldora this weekend. I noticed that the weather does not look good for Saturday. What day do they run if Saturday is out? Do they wait for Sunday, or go for it the next weekend?

If you look in your mirror and see a line of cars behind you, be kind and pull over.
Onlydirt (Offline)
  #2 9/23/09 12:34 PM
I have been to the 36 hours of 4 crown before....something like that.
RacingGirl10 (Offline)
  #3 9/23/09 1:27 PM
Originally Posted by Onlydirt:
I have been to the 36 hours of 4 crown before....something like that.
had a BLAST at that. It's probably my best 4 crown memory!
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #4 9/23/09 2:34 PM
The way the weather men in Indy are, lets go. They are predicting rain on and off all weekend. They are wrong 85% of the time. So I say let's go racin', see you all at The Big E.
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #5 9/23/09 5:03 PM
Originally Posted by RacingGirl10:
had a BLAST at that. It's probably my best 4 crown memory!
I'm sure for many that night,parts of it might be a bit fuzzy..................!
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #6 9/24/09 5:49 PM
Originally Posted by Dyno Don:
The way the weather men in Indy are, lets go. They are predicting rain on and off all weekend. They are wrong 85% of the time. So I say let's go racin', see you all at The Big E.

9-24-09 5pm eastern forecast for Rossburg

Friday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 71. East wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Friday Night: A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. East wind around 5 mph becoming south. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. West wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. West wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 75.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

I agree just go and there will be racing sooner or later. They will run this. It's the end of the year. As Janis Joplin says "you better get while you can".
TRUCKER D (Offline)
  #7 9/24/09 8:48 PM
Does the weather look like it is going to clear up for this weakend or does it still look like rain all weakend? Are they going to get it in on saturday? Or is it going to run in to sunday?
WRP (Offline)
  #8 9/24/09 10:01 PM
Weather looks good for both days as of right now. Possibly a late afternoon/early evening shower on Saturday, but nothing to cancel the program over. Weather looks even better for Sunday at Waynesfield for our final points event of the season. Just 45 minutes from Eldora off US 33.