IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Earlyy starts
4/29/22, 12:14 PM   #1
Earlyy starts
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Saturdays forecast for Haubstadt might be a good scenario for this line of thought

1 member likes this post: openwheelfan1
4/29/22, 2:45 PM   #2
Re: Earlyy starts
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

No, just, no!

4/29/22, 10:13 PM   #3
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Saturdays forecast for Haubstadt might be a good scenario for this line of thought
I’d rather they start early than get to the point of pushing cars for the feature and get rained out like at Bloomington tonight!

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69
4/29/22, 10:19 PM   #4
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
I’d rather they start early than get to the point of pushing cars for the feature and get rained out like at Bloomington tonight!
Bag the senseless waste of TIME,TIRES,and FUEL that is single car time trials and tonight would have been complete. It’s that simple. Tomorrow is a new day, hoping for the best.

3 members like this post: Dougherty20, PIT CART, progressive22
4/29/22, 11:12 PM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Bag the senseless waste of TIME,TIRES,and FUEL that is single car time trials and tonight would have been complete. It’s that simple. Tomorrow is a new day, hoping for the best.
Maybe for winged sprints and stock cars but for non-wing sprints, midgets and champ cars it’s one of my favorite events of the night.

4/30/22, 12:16 AM   #6
flagboy55

Just curious. Was there an advertised time for first race? If so did it start reasonably close to on time?

4/30/22, 9:10 AM   #7
Tk04

I believe racing was advertised at 7:30 and it was pretty darn close. I wasn't paying attention to the weather bc I thought it was good to go. I didn't feel as though there was a lot of downtime, but that hornet heat was a little over the top.

Tk

4/30/22, 9:12 AM   #8
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
They were lined up at 8:35 for the feature. I would say that is pretty efficient. I hope they don't change a thing. It's the format that produces the best racing in sprint cars.

4/30/22, 12:21 PM   #9
captrat

Race was efficiently conducted and program modified to compensate for weather. As to the hornet heat race it was just a time filler to allow B main teams who advanced to the feature to get their cars ready.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, mc/rider, WinglessLovers
4/30/22, 12:25 PM   #10
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk04 View Post
I believe racing was advertised at 7:30 and it was pretty darn close. I wasn't paying attention to the weather bc I thought it was good to go. I didn't feel as though there was a lot of downtime, but that hornet heat was a little over the top.

Tk
Yeah Hornets over the top of turn 3 twice and one into the ditch The start of the RaceSaver heat didn't help when calamity ensued and one car went rolled over and then jumped the inside guardrail into the infield. Everything went well and not much downtime except for that Hornet heat. Weird stuff happens no matter what class of cars are running. We weren't paying attention to the weather either and were surprised. USAC must have saw the rain coming, because they only had one Hornet heat and were going to run, I believe the other 2 after the Sprint feature. So they tried, but hey we will have a 2 feature night in the future.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Earlyy starts