IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Championship???
9/3/22, 2:56 PM   #1
DirtTrackTherapy16J

So before I start, I'm telling anyone who starts to read this, it's not going to be a real positive post and it NEEDS said, just like people stating their facts about Bloomington last night. So if you are a fan of the Gas City promoter and think he's doing a good job, just back out now bc you will not like this post. Also I do not post to start negativity, in fact I hate negativity for no reason. This isn't negativity, this is truth. Also I dont post for "likes", I could care less if I get any likes, I'm not an attention seeker but I'm also not afraid to speak up when speaking up needs to happen!!

I have been to every race at Gas City this year except for 3, minus rainouts obviously. July 2, was way too busy with prefair/pre4H week, not to mention my father passed July 4, 2021 and I was struggling with his death anniversary. July 29, being a co-captain on a boat for a kids fishing tournament at 7am on July 30, also being 1/4 people responsible for dumping 80 boats into a reservoir at 4am on July 30. Also August 20, not into monster trucks and such, simply didnt go.

With that said, I cannot begin to even tell you how much money I have spent on this political fuel hike to travel to GC, how much I've spent on GA tickets or Pit Passes, how much money I've spent on concessions, food and drinks, so for those that get butt hurt, dont even try saying I dont support the track. I look forward to every week, every Friday, going and watching weekly racing at GC!! I cant wait for Friday's to get here so I can go racing!! I do NOT want the track to shut down but it will NOT last in it's current management/promoting!!

So last night, I pull off of SR22, first words out of my mouth was WOW, is there a race, did I miss something, did it get canceled or postponed? I go on in, nope there's racing, just one of the smallest crowds I've ever seen at GC, on Season Championship Night mind you!! So I get inside, track is junk like it has been all year, outside of USAC races. Giant ruts in the track from the monster truck show, apparently just left them and didnt try working on them until the day of the race yesterday. Sorry to those that call that trying, that's NOT trying. That's saying oh well who cares. Crowd ended up getting a lil better but not much, racing was okay, nothing spectacular. No not everyone was at Bloomington, no not everyone was at High School Football games, people have stopped coming bc GC is falling apart and going downhill QUICKLY!!!!

So last night's race was called Season Championship. Congratulations to all the Feature winners, you all deserve your credit and victory lane and interviews and trophies, etc. However here is the HUGE problem. Not one single Track Champion last night was crowned. No mention of their name, no mention of their team, their car, no announcements, no photos, no trophies, no NOTHING!!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY B.S.!!!! Each Track Champion, their team, their car, owners, sponsors, all deserved that for racing hard every week, showing up every week or nearly every week, and SUPPORTING the track!!!! Absolutely B.S.!!!!

I do not know every single class, every car, every driver, especially in the D2/Thunder Midgets and Hornets. I'm sorry to those drivers and teams, you deserve your track championship too. Street Stocks have been about 4 cars ever since the track looked like a MotoX track, most quit coming bc they destroyed so much equipment and their cars. The Street Stock championship got moved to Montpelier at a later date, which is ironic bc that's the same promoter...why are the tracks so different on the racing surfaces??? So the 2 I can tell you about since the track failed miserably to mention them nor is there any mention online, are as follows.

2022 Gas City Sprint Car Track Champion for the 2nd year in a row, BACK TO BACK seasons, the one and only, arguably the best local driver in this part of the State, The Stomp and Steer Scotty Weir!!!!!!! Awesome job Scotty and Team Pederson!!!!

2022 Gas City Modified Track Champion, one of the best in Mods in the State and arguably the Country, the one and only Derek Losh!!!!!!! Congratulations to Derek and his team!!!!

Final note from last night, another example of how things are ran and being so poorly ran at GC, you couldn't even hear the announcer interviewing Derek Losh on his Feature victory bc someone was playing music over the PA at the same time!!!! It was ridiculous.

Hopefully someone out there cares about this track enough and has the funds and wants to take over as management/promoter next year and save this track from closing and save what Mr. Gappens worked his tail off to build up and restore!!!!
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 9/4/22 at 2:27 PM.

9/3/22, 7:22 PM   #2
Stevensville Mike

Nice post, Dirt. Nice. It is good to see we have passionate fans still involved with the various aspects of racing in Indiana and the rest of the world.

5 members like this post: chase1989, DirtTrackTherapy16J, fish, flagboy55, luckybuc97
9/5/22, 9:05 PM   #3
Tk04

It's not the street stock "championship", it was a race that was originally a thunder car race that changed to street stocks last year. I don't know all the details on that race, but I know it's going to be for the super stocks at Montpelier. Montpelier has been smooth this year, but it's still top dominate with little passing on the bottom. As for the points idk if anyone has any clue. It was going to be championship night when Jerry had it, but the championship could come down to the 2 day show in October. Things have been up and down this year, but this past Friday things went a lot smoother, and the track was pretty good. The sprint car feature was a really good race.

Tk

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Championship???