IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wildman92 (Offline)
  #11 11/22/22 3:07 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Is this a live announcer or the guy on Flo?
Does all the USAC shows on Flo.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
2 Likes: racenut69, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #12 11/22/22 3:18 PM
He does both many nights but mostly flo. USAC.

Johnny Gibson just to listen too is annoying. But if you're at the track he is the most informative and completely knowlegeable on the product he's marketing. You always get a full clear lineup two or three times prior to racing including before each race, And a finishing order after and mention where they will be in the dash

As for All Stars, I think I only watched two complete shows this year. I can't stand the yelling all the time. No sense in it. And a Doctors Jacket and white flag have NO correlation.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: cornerthree, dkdorkboy
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #13 11/22/22 4:51 PM
While 92 has a point, so does Chuck. I think the problem with Gibson is over saturation for those of us who’ve listened to him for years. He is very knowledgeable and does a good job explaining things. If you only heard him a couple times a year, it probably wouldn’t be a problem, but many of us have heard him many times a year for many years. What he does that annoys me is yelling QUICK TIME when the 3rd car out goes to the top of the charts. I mean give me a few cars qualified before you have to yell about it.
oppweld (Offline)
  #14 11/22/22 7:14 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
While 92 has a point, so does Chuck. I think the problem with Gibson is over saturation for those of us who’ve listened to him for years. He is very knowledgeable and does a good job explaining things. If you only heard him a couple times a year, it probably wouldn’t be a problem, but many of us have heard him many times a year for many years. What he does that annoys me is yelling QUICK TIME when the 3rd car out goes to the top of the charts. I mean give me a few cars qualified before you have to yell about it.
Awww come on, He's just trying to create excitement out of watching paint dry!
3 Likes: cornerthree, flagboy55, tirespinner
Speedracer (Offline)
  #15 11/22/22 10:54 PM
“Got biked up like a rabbit on crack.”

Hire this guy forever

5 Likes: Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #16 11/22/22 10:54 PM
He just kinda biked and hopped out there like a rabbit on crack.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, Speedracer
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #17 11/22/22 11:21 PM
Chet Christner is the USAC announcer on Flo. He is onsite at almost every USAC race and is therefore part of the Flo broadcast.
Rhody (Offline)
  #18 11/22/22 11:22 PM
I wanna be the 3rd car out and have Johnny shout "quick time"! Then I would record it off dirtvision and make it my ring tone, and save it on my desktop, and play it for my coworkers, and, and, and .....
4 Likes: erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, oldfan49, OnTheHammer
racefan20 (Offline)
  #19 11/23/22 12:28 AM
Criss cross applesauce?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
4 Likes: oppweld, racenut69, Speedracer, tirespinner
Pitdad (Offline)
  #20 11/23/22 12:40 AM
TOP shelf!