IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Will your schedule change?
3/8/22, 4:44 PM   #31
Re: Will your schedule change?
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
That is really not a fair criticism of oil companies. Gasoline prices have doubled in two years but not because of what the oil companies did. But if you want to retaliate for being sticked, buy some oil and gas ETF.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...17-uso-ieo.asp
I bet those companies are really hurting. In fall of 2020 they shut down refineries to cut supply to increase demand. They also ship 80% of the oil pumped in the US to China. They don't worry about me, and I sure don't worry about them.

7 members like this post: captrat, dirtnonwingfan, fish, jonboat15, oldfan49, oppweld, tirespinner
3/8/22, 4:56 PM   #32
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
They don't worry about me, and I sure don't worry about them.
They don't need you and I, but we sure need them.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jonboat15, tirespinner, TQ29m
3/8/22, 5:07 PM   #33
jonboat15

I'm fortunate to have an abundance of race tracks within three hours of me, I'll try to visit more of them this year. add some new ones to the list. I'll wait and see how things are going before making any big travel plans.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, sw1911, tirespinner
3/8/22, 5:54 PM   #34
nodramazone20

I was on the Fence about going to Husets this year....This may keep me home and race local with GC and Kokomo with MSCS during that week

3 members like this post: mc/rider, PIT CART, tirespinner
3/8/22, 6:24 PM   #35
TQ29m

I'd be surprised if even the well funded can survive, if this continues, gas ⛽and oil 🛢 are not the only things that keep going up, our electric, heating, any things that are creature comforts, food, even refreshing beverages are not off the target, plus the fact it could get in our laps if it doesn't stop soon, if it stops now it's too late for this year, maybe next.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, jdull99, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner
3/8/22, 6:52 PM   #36
BrentTFunk

One other way I am fortunate, is I have a buddy that usually goes with me on longer trips. Also have another friend who we got hooked on racing a couple of years ago. Prices are still higher, but divide it up, and it's not that bad. Also gives the track an extra admission

3/8/22, 7:21 PM   #37
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Paying more is keeping someone out of war? OK! My BS meter just hit 100% Wait till all the bankruptcies happen and food lines get long, Crime goes thru the roof, WHY? Because it hurts the poor and low middle class the hardest.

Not going political, But IMHO NONE of this situation would have happened IF....

3/8/22, 7:31 PM   #38
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

All will get better now,POTUS has shut off all petroleum/Natural gas imports from Russia.
Maybe more importantly McDoodle's is/has closed all their establishments over there.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3/8/22, 8:01 PM   #39
ThrowbackRacingTeam

You do realize we were energy independent just over 2 years ago and the wars in Middle East had nothing to do with oil but everything to do with Israel’s occupation of Palestinian land and the ongoing Cold War with Russia fought through 3rd party belligerents. As for racing, I’m already crossing off some races on my list. The prospects are bad and we already went through this during the president before *****. This is no surprise to some of us. Your lives are about to drastically change.
Last edited by ThrowbackRacingTeam; 3/8/22 at 8:06 PM.

3/8/22, 8:15 PM   #40
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
You do realize we were energy independent just over 2 years ago and the wars in Middle East had nothing to do with oil but everything to do with Israel’s occupation of Palestinian land and the ongoing Cold War with Russia fought through 3rd party belligerents. As for racing, I’m already crossing off some races on my list. The prospects are bad and we already went through this during the president before *****. This is no surprise to some of us. Your lives are about to drastically change.
2008 We took a PA, NJ, NY trip for two weeks, The highways were bare, the amusement parks, campgrounds and even Coney Island were practically empty

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Will your schedule change?