IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
captrat (Offline)
  #11 4/22/24 9:09 AM
Lots of USAC hate here from people who apparently like their product. USAC is the sanctioning body not the property owner or promoter (as of now). Lots of moving parts in this situation but it seems that many just cannot stop using USAC as their favorite scapegoat.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Jbaldwin, jdull99, LUCKYONE, OnTheHammer, PJ Wright, TBONE
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #12 4/22/24 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
I’m a big USAC defender, but my friend 76 is right. It’s not too difficult to let folks know what’s going on.
Or they could wait until they know for sure what is going on. Something may be in the works that none of us know about. Would save from making contradicting announcements.
8 Likes: captrat, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, jdull99, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, OnTheHammer, TBONE
PAW (Offline)
  #13 4/22/24 1:53 PM
If the track was open you could use their employees, but the tracks not open so where are they going to get the people to run everything? Concession stand, Cooks, ticket booth people on and on?

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
2 Likes: cornerthree, jdull99
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #14 4/22/24 2:00 PM
They will either go back to 7 nights, add Paragon, or have 2 nights at a track. My guess anyway.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
3 Likes: Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing
duel (Offline)
  #15 4/22/24 2:32 PM
Not sure some people on here complaining would even go to a usac show if presented with a lesser show closer. One date in the middle of few different tracks running in a particular week. View it as a rain out at this point. There are people at work on this and one way or another we will know soon. We are looking at 3 dates in a long season. Patience.
Jonr (Online)
  #16 4/22/24 3:12 PM
Originally Posted by PAW:
If the track was open you could use their employees, but the tracks not open so where are they going to get the people to run everything? Concession stand, Cooks, ticket booth people on and on?
Your statement is correct, but it is not an unsurmountable obstacle. There are plenty of tracks that are special event only tracks and they can figure out a way to make it happen.

Obviously, the easiest solution would be to simply work with an existing track and use their crew for the night. I have also seen tracks close down their concession stand and only use food trucks.

In my mind, the bigger question is how was the track left? Did the owner's winterize the facility? If so, are they going to turn on any services this year or leave it winterized? Figuring out who is going to sell tickets is something that can be figured out. Not having water/sewer or electricity is a lot bigger issue.
badcoupe (Offline)
  #17 4/22/24 10:27 PM
Didn’t USAC run Bloomington for a couple of years for special shows only? If so this wouldn’t be first foray into running track for their races.
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #18 4/22/24 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Or they could wait until they know for sure what is going on. Something may be in the works that none of us know about. Would save from making contradicting announcements.
Or how about, we understand everyone’s concern about racing at Gas City in relation to 3 important events there, IMW, ISW, and the James Dean. As of now we’re uncertain of the availability of the venue due to ongoing issues with the current management. We are still working with their team to try to hold these events that so many of you enjoy attending. We hope to have a resolution soon so everyone involved, the fans and participants can plan accordingly.
Now was that so hard?
And again, you’ll find no bigger USAC homer than me.
4 Likes: beaner, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, progressive22
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #19 4/23/24 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Or how about, we understand everyone’s concern about racing at Gas City in relation to 3 important events there, IMW, ISW, and the James Dean. As of now we’re uncertain of the availability of the venue due to ongoing issues with the current management. We are still working with their team to try to hold these events that so many of you enjoy attending. We hope to have a resolution soon so everyone involved, the fans and participants can plan accordingly.
Now was that so hard?
And again, you’ll find no bigger USAC homer than me.
And you would know absolutely nothing more than you already do.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
3 Likes: flagboy55, itsanonwingthing, Jerry Shaw
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #20 4/23/24 10:20 AM
PJ , you’re correct. But at least it would provide the illusion that they care about our plans.