IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #31 4/27/23 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Haven't figured out that the gate means nothing? They lease the track. Some sponsor or millionaire cover the purse. I mean you're getting Kings Royal and World One hundred style shows here in the comfort of home at pennies a race, I don't see weekly racing anywhere, Or even WoO holding up to that.

I mean Kokomo isn't even posting or promoting it from what I see. Even though they stand to gain on concessions. I may know nothing and be totally wrong. But tracks can't compete with it on their own and higher funded teams are going to race for nothing less than 20k to win now.
Millionaires don't become millionaires by losing money. Not sure how it is covered, but did notice more mainstream ads during the breaks on Tuesday. Eventually someone will want a return on their investment. Maybe they already are.
3 Likes: Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #32 4/27/23 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Millionaires don't become millionaires by losing money. Not sure how it is covered, but did notice more mainstream ads during the breaks on Tuesday. Eventually someone will want a return on their investment. Maybe they already are.
I doubt it. It's a write off.. or Like the Saudi golf. BECAUSE THEY CAN.

I got nothing against rich people at all. But in some cases it goes against all the laws of economics. Really isn't going to hurt em either way.

I asked a car owner last week how we can spread the $$$ out among more classes and races and he said it's not flo. It's some $$$ man or group behind it.

Charles Nungester
OnTheHammer (Offline)
  #33 4/27/23 12:45 PM
I doubt it. It's a write off.. or Like the Saudi golf. BECAUSE THEY CAN.

I got nothing against rich people at all. But in some cases it goes against all the laws of economics. Really isn't going to hurt em either way.

I asked a car owner last week how we can spread the $$$ out among more classes and races and he said it's not flo. It's some $$$ man or group behind it.
Why does it matter where the money is coming from?

Larsen started this series, so a big chunk of cash is probably coming from him. If it is, at least he is interjecting money back into the sport is a way that numerous teams can benefit.

He could own a sprint car team and limit his monetary involvement to 1-2 teams.
2 Likes: Blitzman, oppweld
  #34 4/27/23 1:16 PM
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer:
Why does it matter where the money is coming from?

Larsen started this series, so a big chunk of cash is probably coming from him. If it is, at least he is interjecting money back into the sport is a way that numerous teams can benefit.

He could own a sprint car team and limit his monetary involvement to 1-2 teams.

What im saying is, Your going to have 40 teams with the best of everything running for great $$ and a fanbase that don't go to the track as often as they used too. And when the big $$$ payouts stop, It's back to what tracks are left for 1500-5k to win and a few specials.

Like the fanbase, The driver base isn't getting any younger either. A few standouts. If they don't go to Nascar or something else, Or just get out altogether, Which is what happens in most.

Charles Nungester
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #35 4/27/23 2:16 PM
What im saying is, Your going to have 40 teams with the best of everything running for great $$ and a fanbase that don't go to the track as often as they used too. And when the big $$$ payouts stop, It's back to what tracks are left for 1500-5k to win and a few specials.

Like the fanbase, The driver base isn't getting any younger either. A few standouts. If they don't go to Nascar or something else, Or just get out altogether, Which is what happens in most.
You can foresee the future of this series? Give them a chance man. Damn. You're already writing them off after three races. The negativity never ceases to amaze me. Kudos to Larson, Sweet and the rest of his team for an outstanding opportunity for some midweek money to be made.
10 Likes: Blitzman, BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, mlamb, OnTheHammer, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, RoyMunson, Will Shunk
  #36 4/27/23 2:38 PM
Im not writing them off. May make our sport bigger and better, IDK.

I seen what the LMs have been doing for a few years now and you got a couple dozen teams that show up for no less than 12k and a bunch of tracks that can barely put on two heats with the cost of things today.

Charles Nungester
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #37 4/27/23 2:51 PM
Not sure too many on here are concerned about late modles,?I for one am not.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
2 Likes: Blitzman, Ilovedirttrackracing
OnTheHammer (Offline)
  #38 4/27/23 3:04 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Not sure too many on here are concerned about late modles,?I for one am not.
ANALOGY - a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification
3 Likes: captrat, Charles Nungester, Jonr
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #39 4/27/23 4:08 PM
Im not writing them off. May make our sport bigger and better, IDK.

I seen what the LMs have been doing for a few years now and you got a couple dozen teams that show up for no less than 12k and a bunch of tracks that can barely put on two heats with the cost of things today.
Kevin Gundaker told me at Granite City several years ago, during the Gold Crown that weekly late models were going away because of the cost. This was pre streaming. I am guessing 8 years ago or more. Not like this just started.
  #40 4/27/23 4:25 PM
Oh I agree. But the big time payers come and go as well. I mean even WoO went bankrupt twice until WRG. All stars would be extinct if Stewart didn't step in. Xtreme sprints lasted one season despite being well supported.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: oldfan49, PIT CART