IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking For An Indoor Midget Ride For Kevin Olson
11/7/07, 5:11 PM   #1
Looking For An Indoor Midget Ride For Kevin Olson
bigmojo5

Posted By Tony Barhorst

The Indy DownForce Fan Club is interested in sponsoring an entry by Kevin Olson of midget racing fame, and current IMS Radio Network pit reporter. Kevin would drive at least one day, and PERHAPS coach a current Indy Car Series driver on driving the Ft. Wayne Indoor event.

I have suggested Kevin be a part of the effort because of his excellent record of 82 major midget car wins, including indoor wins at the Rockford MetroCentre in 1987, and the Rosemont Horizon in 1988. He has had numerous top 3 finishes indoors. If you know of a full midget car that may be open for this event, and talking more about it, e-mail me a tbracefest@aol.com

View his entrire record from Kevin Eckerts impressive openwheeltimes.com driver profile section:

http://www.openwheeltimes.com/owt_dr...t=Submit+Query

11/7/07, 11:04 PM   #2
Re: Looking For An Indoor Midget Ride For Kevin Olson
mortboyz

Tony George may be able to provide both car and ICS driver....

11/8/07, 8:43 PM   #3
pgray

Isn't this guy a little old to be driving Midgets ? (LOL):rolling:

11/9/07, 9:25 AM   #4
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

That would be cool. What I'd really like to do is have a beer(s) with him after the race. I love reading some his old stories in Sprint and Midget....and those are the clean ones.

11/9/07, 4:46 PM   #5
thebus79h

If Kevin Olson races in this event, I'll definately be there, after reading some of his stories in Sprint & Midget, I want to meet him extremely bad. Seems like an awesome guy. Plus the beer would be a bonus. LOL

11/9/07, 8:40 PM   #6
dirtywhiteboy

I had a chance to talk to Kevin at Granite City and he is just a laid back easy going guy.

I hope he can find a ride at Ft. Wayne.

11/9/07, 9:12 PM   #7
chadsniffsmethanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
That would be cool. What I'd really like to do is have a beer(s) with him after the race. I love reading some his old stories in Sprint and Midget....and those are the clean ones.
ill second this, someone hook up the man...he is a true racer and excellent writer.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking For An Indoor Midget Ride For Kevin Olson