IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #11 5/15/23 4:26 PM
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J:

As far as the insurance thing, does anyone actually know they didnt have insurance or low insurance? My personal opinion is there is a misunderstanding somewhere. I find it extremely difficult CMR and Emerson Axsom Racing didn't have insurance or had low insurance on a rig, hauler, and race car with that kind of money invested. If they didnt, there has to be some kind of logical explanation. I highly doubt CMR doesnt have insurance or low insurance on Sunshine's rig, hauler, and race car?
The original amount they had posted to raise was $100,000

Direct statement from the Go Fund Me page;

The goal is to help Emerson replace racing trailer and toter home. There is a minimum amount of insurance coverage on toter and no insurance on trailer. Other items inside need replaced as well. Simpson is replacing all of Emerson’s racing gear.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
DirtTrackTherapy16J (Offline)
  #12 5/15/23 4:34 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
The original amount they had posted to raise was $100,000

Direct statement from the Go Fund Me page;

The goal is to help Emerson replace racing trailer and toter home. There is a minimum amount of insurance coverage on toter and no insurance on trailer. Other items inside need replaced as well. Simpson is replacing all of Emerson’s racing gear.
That tells me nothing that I already didn't read. Especially considering it was already removed? Was this inaccurate? Was this a misunderstanding? IF it's true, is there a logical explanation? Again, at least everyone is okay from a physical standpoint.
reeserx (Offline)
  #13 5/15/23 5:50 PM
He deleted his twitter account. There is some backlash I seen in regards to the go fund me page. I’m not sure if it was in regards to that or not
Jaxsom (Offline)
  #14 5/15/23 9:37 PM
This is Joe Axsom. Those who know me understand I am a very private person, but in this situation I felt like I should make a post to put any rumors to rest

I am in charge of Emerson Axsom Racing

First off thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers during a stressful situation

This event happened in our family owned and operated program, Truck, trailer, equipment is all family owned. There is no affiliation with CMR or any of their partners with this program

To clarify the insurance situation that has been mentioned in this thread, yes we are insured 100 percent on toterhome, we are insured on some things with the trailer, (fellow teams please check with your agent to clarify exactly what is covered) but what is not covered I will take care of.

The go fundme was set up by a family member that just wanted to help us out in a time of stressful events (which I am very thankful for everyone and everything my family members are willing to do to help us in racing).

I really enjoy reading Indiana open wheel and reading other thought and opinions

I hope this helps clear up a few things.
37 Likes: Aurora78, Blitzman, Bostonian, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, DirtTrackTherapy16J, erich45, Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, jdull99, Jonr, Jtravels, Ken Bonnema, ksmith, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, mlamb, nathans1012, Offroadrace_814, oldfan49, openwheelfan1, opnwhlmnd, Phylo82, racenut69, RacingFan52, RACrappieman, Rcar, reeserx, spicoli, tigerone, tirespinner, wildman92
DirtTrackTherapy16J (Offline)
  #15 5/16/23 12:07 AM
Mr. Axsom...again I'm glad everyone involved was/is physically okay, that is obviously most important. Thank you for your post and taking the time to clear the air so to speak for anyone being negative about the situation. My apologies for assuming that others were involved with the team/program.

I hope to see you all back on your feet and back in action soon as Emerson is a great kid/young man that is very humble that this sport needs. Good luck Emerson Axsom Racing the rest of the season!!
5 Likes: nathans1012, racenut69, RACrappieman, Rcar, SOROKACH35FAN
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #16 5/16/23 6:56 AM
Originally Posted by Jaxsom:
This is Joe Axsom. Those who know me understand I am a very private person, but in this situation I felt like I should make a post to put any rumors to rest

I am in charge of Emerson Axsom Racing

First off thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers during a stressful situation

This event happened in our family owned and operated program, Truck, trailer, equipment is all family owned. There is no affiliation with CMR or any of their partners with this program

To clarify the insurance situation that has been mentioned in this thread, yes we are insured 100 percent on toterhome, we are insured on some things with the trailer, (fellow teams please check with your agent to clarify exactly what is covered) but what is not covered I will take care of.

The go fundme was set up by a family member that just wanted to help us out in a time of stressful events (which I am very thankful for everyone and everything my family members are willing to do to help us in racing).

I really enjoy reading Indiana open wheel and reading other thought and opinions

I hope this helps clear up a few things.
Joe, Emerson has a bright future. The young guy is very good for his age. Hope the team can regroup and get back on the road in due time. Good luck in your racing adventures. Keep on truck in’. The adversity teams face would humble the best folks real quick. It’s how you move on after the fact that will determine what happens in the years to come.

Good luck the rest of the 2023 season

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
2 Likes: racenut69, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #17 5/16/23 7:04 AM
The "IDIOT" comment was a bit pre-mature unless spoken from a "SHOULD HAVE" standpoint.

Insurance often doesn't cover many things, Furniture, jewelry, clothing, sentimental etc. It's all insurable but has to be itemized and added.

As he said, Check your policy. Likely several things that were lost that aren't replaceable thru Insurance unless you've added them to the policy.

And again, They're all safe, They're the non replaceable part of the situation.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: Bostonian, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, racenut69
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #18 5/16/23 11:36 PM
Best wishes, Axsom family. Hope to see you in person very soon.
jdull99 (Offline)
  #19 5/17/23 1:14 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
The "IDIOT" comment was a bit pre-mature unless spoken from a "SHOULD HAVE" standpoint.

Insurance often doesn't cover many things, Furniture, jewelry, clothing, sentimental etc. It's all insurable but has to be itemized and added.

As he said, Check your policy. Likely several things that were lost that aren't replaceable thru Insurance unless you've added them to the policy.

And again, They're all safe, They're the non replaceable part of the situation.

I would say 98 was correct. They did not, not have insurance; so they were NOT idiots...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)