IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BURG FAN 88 (Offline)
  #1 12/4/15 8:25 PM
Does anybody know what the size/ design of the track might be? Also how many cars are going to start the A?
jim goerge (Offline)
  #2 12/5/15 10:40 PM
I think it will be less than THAT and not as banked as the burg. Sorry I couldn't pass it up
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, GYATK94, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, SWScaleChassis
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #3 12/7/15 12:35 PM
Does anyone know who is doing the track work and how they plan on getting the track ready in less than 24 hours? There is a pacers game the night before. And I'm assuming it takes at least a few hours to take all the flooring up from that.
Jeff Wesell (Offline)
  #4 12/7/15 4:57 PM
I'd like to see them do a Time Lapse video of the building of this track. Going to be a pretty amazing feat to pull off. Looking forward to seeing it and the event! See you in Indy this weekend!
8 Likes: bcataldi, BrentTFunk, Dblchkrs, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, ronmil, trackprep
MOORESVILLETRUCKER (Offline)
  #5 12/8/15 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff Wesell:
I'd like to see them do a Time Lapse video of the building of this track. Going to be a pretty amazing feat to pull off. Looking forward to seeing it and the event! See you in Indy this weekend!
A photographer from the Indianapolis star is supposed to be doing a time lapse of the B-ball floor being taken up and track being built. Check out indystar.com probably Sunday.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dblchkrs, flagboy55, jim goerge, trannyman, VSneader2
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #6 12/8/15 1:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hotshoe65s:
Does anyone know who is doing the track work and how they plan on getting the track ready in less than 24 hours? There is a pacers game the night before. And I'm assuming it takes at least a few hours to take all the flooring up from that.
I've been a part of hundreds of event change over's, I believe all they'll be doing is taking the sport court up which doesn't take much time at all, throwing some heavy plastic over the sub flooring and bringing in the racing surface and barriers. It really shouldn't be a complicated process. The most challenging part as always will be the surface prep and getting the consistency just right in the short of time.
2 Likes: fish, trackprep
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #7 12/9/15 1:45 PM
Has there been a race format displayed anywhere? Their website has a schedule of events up to 4pm, but nothing about the racing itself. I sent an email to them asking about it, but did not get a reply.
zeromotorsports (Offline)
  #8 12/9/15 2:10 PM
17 cars start the A
v8j (Offline)
  #9 12/9/15 9:10 PM
They are pulling up the seats all the way to the cement. To strike floor,scoring, sound etc. This will be done by midnight - 1am. Believe they are watering dirt as it is put down.