IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac/cra
3/15/23, 2:35 PM   #1
Usac/cra
miwingless

Did I miss something? Is Flo not covering these races anymore?

3/15/23, 2:41 PM   #2
Re: Usac/cra
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Perris is not streaming thru Flo. They're adamant that the money lost by fans not going to the track and watching is not being made up or exceeded by the payment flo gives them.

Just seen a post on FB about this by some pretty expert people on it. One said Tracks lose by not streaming, The other says they are without better compensation.

If the tracks owner is to be believed, It's taking a couple hundred fans away in attendance per night vs one thousand the stream pays them.

If any of this is wrong, Please, Those in the know, Correct it. I'd much prefer a hundred percent fact backed source.

Me, I personally believe that in the long run streaming helps if the product is good or great. Makes people want to go. Just because I can see it, Is not the same as being there. Period.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 3/15/23 at 2:44 PM.

1 member likes this post: miwingless
3/15/23, 8:30 PM   #3
JMA1181

I would guess he loses more money by charging your first born to get a family in the gates at that track. The place looked empty before Flo and when Oval Nationals paid $25k to win. I don’t remember pit prices exactly from the several times I have been out there but it was more than twice as much as any other USAC show I’ve been to.

Streaming is the least of their problems. They went dark for a pot party and didn’t have a single car parked on their lot. Look at the empty billboards around the track. It’s not a streaming issue…

2 members like this post: ossuks, tirespinner
3/15/23, 10:48 PM   #4
CRA91

A pit pass there is 50.00

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, tirespinner
3/16/23, 11:15 AM   #5
California Mike

Some of the reason is due to the high prices. $11.00 for a beer $8.00 for hamburger. At the Oval Nationals $14.00 tacos, $16.00 quesadilla and that’s without meat. But they were good. Did I mention $10.00 to park. And you cannot leave after entering the entrance gate. They lost more fans because of cost than from streaming.

3/16/23, 11:42 AM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Never the less, There's a business model he must meet to at least not lose money. I do think it's the promoters job to promote and get as many people as possible to their events.

Im kinda weird when it comes to cost of things, It's always been a perceived value thing, And I always spend more when I feel i'm receiving value. The cost of the event is what it is, It's either worth it to go or not. 35-40 sprints competing for twenty grand? Fifty- Sixty isn't out of my bounds of value, Knowing they racers are going to throw down to get it.

As far as food or drink goes for amusement parks, movies, whatever. I'll buy five or six cokes at 2 dollars and opt out of one coke for 4-5 dollars and walk to the car.

I don't know what the problem is in Perris, The racing makes me want to go someday. Hope they figure it out.

3/16/23, 12:26 PM   #7
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Mike View Post
Some of the reason is due to the high prices. $11.00 for a beer $8.00 for hamburger. At the Oval Nationals $14.00 tacos, $16.00 quesadilla and that’s without meat. But they were good. Did I mention $10.00 to park. And you cannot leave after entering the entrance gate. They lost more fans because of cost than from streaming.
Without getting into pol-i-tics, I'll just say it's California. What do you expect? Everything costs 3-4 times more. I enjoyed watching them on Flo and disappointed that they no longer broadcast the races there. I'd never in my life attend a race at Perris or any other California track because I have no desire to go there. Too far and cost to much as California Mike pointed out.
Last edited by Chief Wahoo; 3/16/23 at 12:27 PM.

3 members like this post: azsprintfan1, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
3/16/23, 12:26 PM   #8
Speedmax3

Just my opinion, but I think racing in California is all but done or soon to be. Let's face it, the CRA has lost their dominate driver to retirement and he was on the latter side of his stint. From what I've watched of racing in California the competition level is not as high as it once was. Cost of everything is through the roof there and I know that's part of the reason USAC has stopped the Western swing. We could get into a whole political debate but under the California political climate I think they would just like to see racing gone!

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, tirespinner
3/16/23, 12:36 PM   #9
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Wish more drivers out there would make the move to Indiana and maybe they will.

2 members like this post: racenut69, tirespinner
3/16/23, 1:18 PM   #10
cowboyhar69

What’s a grandstand ticket cost for a regular USAC/CRA show?

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac/cra