IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did you listen to Dirtrackr
1/31/23, 8:40 PM   #1
Did you listen to Dirtrackr
flagboy55

On today’s podcast Justin referenced a CBell interview where it was implied that Joe Gibbs doesn’t endorse his dirt track endeavors. I used to like the coach

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, EBookerFan, Grocery Guy, spicoli
1/31/23, 11:12 PM   #2
Re: Did you listen to Dirtrackr
Will Shunk

I know Hendrick/Gordon have supported KL but I suspect we will see KL in the Rumley #6 more often than the open wheel Silva #57 in 2023 and beyond. After all, KL has won most majors in open wheel. 13 runs in High Limit for promotion, but not many more. JMHO.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
2/1/23, 1:44 AM   #3
jdull99

Just watch the coach in regards to his spoiled rotten grandkid (Tiny Ty)...that should settle anything on how likeable Joe is...(unless you think saying a prayer after driving over someone to win makes it all ok...or comparing yourself to Jesus - as Ty does...)

I really think Bell running less ow cars has as much to do with him getting his "bell" rung down under a couple of years ago (when he went home after flipping...) & I think TRD wants to cash in on the 20m (or more?) they spent on getting him to Cup...it did all start to work out last year, & I hope it does even more this season!

Bell has nothing left to prove in OWs anyway...now its time for a Cup title...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2/1/23, 9:56 AM   #4
BrentTFunk

Kyle Busch said in a SpeedSport interview, that being free to run the Indy 500 was one of the reasons he left. Childress doesn't mind him doing other things, as long as it doesn't interfere with his job. If you remember when Tony Stewart drove for Gibbs, he had more restraints than he did later in his career. I also thought I used to like Gibbs. All that phony morality junk has worn thin with me. You don't have to tell me your faith, if you live it every day. I can see it by your actions.

2/1/23, 10:23 AM   #5
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Interesting in the interview how CB references the late Coy Gibbs as a big supporter of his. I'm sure age and mentoring were much more relatable with the younger Coy. I'd sure like to see CB run more open wheel like everyone, but we gotta admit his NASCAR and Toyota careers are much more important at this stage of his life. I'm agree on the comments about the Christianity references by the coach and spoiled grandson. It's a phony look on camera.

2/2/23, 10:09 AM   #6
Rob11

I had always been under the impression that one of the reasons Tony Stewart left JGR was so he had more freedom to run some dirt. That may not be the case, but that was my impression.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did you listen to Dirtrackr