IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the system broken?
2/8/23, 9:58 PM   #61
flagboy55

Thanks Mike for pointing out what was my intention of the thread. There were some points of view that I hadn’t considered that were brought up. I now see that the current system is acceptable to some and I can appreciate their vantage point now that they put some context to it. My opinion however hasn’t changed, but I’m glad to hear the other side

2 members like this post: oppweld, TQ29m
2/10/23, 12:34 PM   #62
Re: Is the system broken?
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

So??? If Hoosier tire is just a company trying to make a buck and not monopolize then why are Hoosier LR tires more that RR, even though most places is a 4 corner rule that makes all corners a "SPEC" tire? Second, if Hoosier is claiming supply constraints and material cost, why are American Racer tire $140 cheaper? American Racer went up $10 this year and Hoosier went up $50.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, TQ29m
2/10/23, 4:05 PM   #63
TQ29m

My question is, why not let AR tires run, at least it would give the budget racers a little incentive to keep being able to race, maybe, I don't think the promoters only want just a few well funded teams at their shows, what good is that, might as well run another economy class if they are paying only off the car count/pit passes.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, flagboy55, PIT CART
2/10/23, 7:47 PM   #64
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
My question is, why not let AR tires run, at least it would give the budget racers a little incentive to keep being able to race, maybe, I don't think the promoters only want just a few well funded teams at their shows, what good is that, might as well run another economy class if they are paying only off the car count/pit passes.
Contracts. No major series or santioning body is in a position that they can change tire suppliers on a whim.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
2/10/23, 9:17 PM   #65
TQ29m

Not changing, adding, I don't want to see it go in the tank for a lack of cars, and people in the seats . Those on Hoosiers, will stay, just keep the not so wealthy in the pits with the fully funded.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
2/13/23, 2:58 PM   #66
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Not changing, adding, I don't want to see it go in the tank for a lack of cars, and people in the seats . Those on Hoosiers, will stay, just keep the not so wealthy in the pits with the fully funded.
I'm familiar with a series that used to be Hoosier or AR. Hoosier came in and said if the series signed a contract making them the exclusive tire supplier they would give away one free RR a night and give back money at the end of the season based on tire sales. It was presented to the racers that the end of year kickback would go directly into the point fund. In this instance I'm confident that the tire money goes where it's supposed to.

This is why Hoosier has everyone so tied up. Best case the series breaks the contract and just walks away from the kickbacks. Worst case they get sued and lose, which they would. In the meantime Hoosier would be under no obligation to provide them with any tires.

AR has said they're struggling to service the commitments they already have.

So you're a series director, short-term what are you going to do?

2 members like this post: flagboy55, OnTheHammer
2/15/23, 7:10 PM   #67
TQ29m

I guess everyone is happy, including the have nots, and I don't have any skin in it anymore, just have to see what comes of it.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PIT CART
2/16/23, 10:25 AM   #68
Duane Hancock

Dang flag boy stir the pot by asking a simple question, how dare you? Yes Hoosier should make $$$, yes they give back to series and tracks BUT idk about all series but our free tires got cut in half last season and we have 57 cars average per night between the 2 series, 410 and 305 and they upped the prices and cut the free tires in half due to production. SO.... yes they should make $$$ but upping the sprint car tires how they have over this winter and keeping it on the down low, when this new tire was suppose to cut cost and last longer and be more consistent, something seems a little off. We just had our championship team fold shop and 2 other local teams sell out over the winter, with the current forecast of pricing, as someone said earlier, if you don't wanna pay it don't race, well don't speak something you don't want to happen because its starting to happen on the local level. For those that aren't concerned my guess is you have never been part of a team or owned a car and those that think if you dont wanna pay it dont race, well dont ***** when only 10 to 12 cars show up on a local show.

2/17/23, 7:16 PM   #69
flagboy55

Duane. I should’ve warned you. Now you should expect to be slandered on this board and others because you have relevant thoughts on racing. But thanks for chiming in

4 members like this post: bighd0522, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, TQ29m
2/19/23, 3:39 PM   #70
Stevensville Mike

Okay, I have taken the time to tally up the scores here. Is the system broken? YES vs. NO.

Sifting through all of the shots and banter not answering the question, thus weeding those comments out of the voting tally, here is the current score as I see it:

Yes. It is broken: 7 votes
TQ29m, sp6967, Charles Nungester, kinser, Lead6, kendirt, Duane Hancock

No. It is not broken: 8 votes
BrentTFunk, The Old Coyote, Jonr, Pitdad, NoDramazone2020, Nut’n but Dirt, Joe Schaub, TCR57

Now, you can argue the point as to how you voted, or maybe didn't actually "vote", but this is how I see the score right now. Maybe I misread/misinterpreted your post. All in all, though, it is pert near a split right down the middle.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, The Old Coyote
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the system broken?