IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #1 1/23/23 5:59 PM
Gas City I-69 Speedway - Press Release POSTED....

From the tracks Facebook page.

2023 Season: 13 Tracks & 40 Races. States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI. Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, dkdorkboy, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, oppweld, Tk04, TNRustler
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 1/23/23 8:30 PM
As I said, a few months back, I expect there only to be two tracks running weekly sprints............. And that was one of em. LPS the other

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: bighd0522, Grocery Guy
racefan20 (Offline)
  #3 1/23/23 9:38 PM
Bloomington running about 75% of the friday nights, Circle Cty running about 7 friday nights. Only one Friday with no sprints racing between April and the middle of September

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
snowdrift (Offline)
  #4 1/23/23 10:51 PM
We will see about circle city speedway on Indianapolis news at 6:00 tonight neighborhood around the track complaining about noise on race night How can track be much worse than 465 and 74 that it set right next to
7 Likes: bighd0522, Blitzman, cmakin, motorhead748, Offroadrace_814, tirespinner, Will Shunk
racefan20 (Offline)
  #5 1/23/23 11:26 PM
They were complaining almost before the first race there. They didnt help themselves a few times by shooting fireworks at about 10:30. Hopefully they run a quick efficient show and learn to get along with the neighbors.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
4 Likes: Grocery Guy, Offroadrace_814, PIT CART, tirespinner
brown11b (Offline)
  #6 1/24/23 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by snowdrift:
We will see about circle city speedway on Indianapolis news at 6:00 tonight neighborhood around the track complaining about noise on race night How can track be much worse than 465 and 74 that it set right next to
This was always going to happen, surprised it took this long. From day one the track needed to have a muffler rule and needed to have a curfew on races.

This isn’t a situation of a rural track where a developer came in close by. The residents were there first so the track should have been taking every step they could to show they were being considerate to the neighborhood.

I’m sure the original promoters meant well, but between this and lack of track prep show they were in over their head.
4 Likes: Boat, Grocery Guy, motorhead748, tirespinner
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #7 1/24/23 12:17 PM
At least Gas City I-69 is going to run some races in 2023. Maybe they can build a team and attract the sponsorship and develop the process that will allow them to get back to weekly racing. If not, a partial schedule is still better than the shuttering of another racetrack
15 Likes: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, cowboyhar69, dwhitney1169, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, JJMooney, nathans1012, oldfan49, Pancho Stapp, racefan20, snowdrift, tirespinner, Will Shunk
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #8 1/24/23 7:54 PM
I really hope things work out for Gas City and that they will be able to resume weekly shows soon. I know for my my pops and quite a few of the old guard they looked forward to their Friday nights at GC. I know one of the supervisors at the shop took half days so he could get his dad there and sit in the pit bleachers. I think of Paul Hazen and all the Friday nights he has spent there it’s going to be strange this summer for sure. We will look forward to the chances we get and hope we get great weather. Hate it has come to this but I understand it is a business and it’s not my money, thank you for not pulling plug entirely.
9 Likes: bighd0522, erich45, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, JJMooney, Ken Bonnema, tirespinner, Will Shunk
The55 (Offline)
  #9 1/24/23 11:58 PM
Paragon is still weekly, right?
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, spankytoo, tirespinner
DirtTrackTherapy16J (Offline)
  #10 1/25/23 3:00 PM
Again Nathans1012 thank you for posting this and taking the time to do so. That's for certain the only positive in this. I refuse to pat someone on the back that doesn't deserve it much less say thank you for running a track into the ground in 1 season that someone else worked their tail off and took 4 years to build up. We miss you Jerry, thank you for everything you did.
8 Likes: diversified, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, JDavis#11, nathans1012, PIT CART, yeleyfan76