IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #31 9/19/22 11:55 PM
Since it's a monday and tuesday and nothing else going on. IMHO it's a lot better than the ASCS fill up the board post that nobody I know pays attention too. If you do, that's ok.

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: flagboy55, nathans1012, OnTheHammer, progressive22, Stevensville Mike
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #32 9/20/22 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Since it's a monday and tuesday and nothing else going on. IMHO it's a lot better than the ASCS fill up the board post that nobody I know pays attention too. If you do, that's ok.
At least it’s open wheel.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
2 Likes: OnTheHammer, skids59
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #33 9/20/22 12:34 AM
I just got home from Kokomo. You couldn't ask for any more talent in the late model division. 42 late models and 42 mods. But on a Monday night, when the first heat race didn't hit the track till 8:47pm, that's a problem. Seemed like they were running behind since hot laps. Late model feature ended at 11:05pm. At least it was a battle up front. Not sure what time the mod feature got done.

Makes you appreciate FLO and Fairbury for getting last Tuesday's show over about 9:40pm. Someone has to be bankrolling this series. I literally counted about 200 people in the main grandstand area. Backstretch was about 1/2 full. A senior ticket was only $20 and a pit pass was only $30. Pretty reasonably for a $20,000 to win show.
2 Likes: Duane Hancock, nathans1012
cope42 (Offline)
  #34 9/20/22 5:53 AM
It was pretty nice to be able to watch this race on a weeknight looks like it had some interest of IOW good or bad .
3 Likes: OnTheHammer, PIT CART, progressive22
Vookie (Offline)
  #35 9/20/22 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
How about some updates from the Monday Night Football game.
4 Likes: bullringko, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, OnTheHammer
WingedFan2019 (Offline)
  #36 9/20/22 2:22 PM
mainly a winged guy but this was in my opinion best feature of the year at kokomo. there were 8-10 guys all within a second of each other most of the race. 3 Wide for the lead multiples times and went green most of the race. Im sure with this fan turn out there wont be a high-paying late model race back at kokomo anytime soon, hope tonights crowd is better than last nights..
arctic monkey21 (Offline)
  #37 9/20/22 2:57 PM
I wish it were better attended. I like late models too but starting hot Laps that late and a 90 minute drive home is keeping me away. Hopefully something is back next year and on the initial schedule. I'd definitely make plans in advance to go.
Tk04 (Offline)
  #38 9/20/22 3:13 PM
Starting hotlaps at 7pm on a Monday and Tuesday night doesn't help, and that's a series deal not the tracks.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #39 9/20/22 3:28 PM
Not sure about this case but some of these sanctioned races are rentals and the series runs the show.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
racefan20 (Offline)
  #40 9/20/22 3:44 PM
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019:
mainly a winged guy but this was in my opinion best feature of the year at kokomo. there were 8-10 guys all within a second of each other most of the race. 3 Wide for the lead multiples times and went green most of the race. Im sure with this fan turn out there wont be a high-paying late model race back at kokomo anytime soon, hope tonights crowd is better than last nights..
I dont understand the lack of crowd either. Went to a hell tour and a WoO LM race last year at Circle City and they were better crowds than USAC. Dont understand why they werent on the schedule this year

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus