IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scott Ronk mad at live stream
5/24/22, 10:36 AM   #51
RedRacer07

I went Sunday & got more than my $ worth. Then watched highlights on Flo.

5/24/22, 12:06 PM   #52
grumpy racer

All of this, the twitter post, he following responses, and Indiana Open Wheels follow up post are very unfortunate. It shows really how the world works today. The internet is the king!!!!
On a side note the saddest part is how if we’re not careful tracks will cease to exist, and racing will suffer. The cost for tracks, owners, and fans has risen dramatically too promote, race or attend. Then you have tracks trying to hurt each other in promoting.
I hope we can all step back and take a breath and realize, if we’re not careful racing will be something that we used to see, or do because it no longer exists in this new world order.
JMO
And yes I’m guilty of not going in person, I talked about it, then just said screw it I’ll watch it on Flo. And yes I’m only a hour away. Shame on me for being part of the problem.

5/24/22, 1:14 PM   #53
Re: Scott Ronk mad at live stream
BrentTFunk

Was Scott wrong for what he said on twitter? Yes. Did he have a right to be upset? Absolutely. Was Joe dirty scheduling against him on Sunday? Absolutely. Water under the bridge, and nothing can change any of that. I think it's funny that on a racing board, hardly anyone is talking about racing. I thought both Terre Haute races were good. Sunday Robert Ballou working the bottom early in the race was great. Track was really good both nights. Haven't heard how the show was at Putnamville. Hope it was good for those who went there. To me the real story from the weekend, that everyone should be talking about is the arrival of Mitchell Moles. Maybe internet drama and complaining means more to fans today.

5/24/22, 11:26 PM   #54
DirtTrackTherapy16J

I wasn't going to comment on this, most on here dont know me, a few do, my opinion doesnt mean a single thing. However, here are some facts that some people on here need to open their eyes to. He is allowed to have his opinion, his opinion isn't wrong bc an opinion is just that, an opinion, there is no right or wrong. A person may not like it or agree with it, that's their choice, should he have done it or should not have done it, that's his business to handle and/or any consequences that may come from future crowds, fans, drivers, etc. He also didn't rant, he spoke his mind and his opinion. He has feelings, he has emotions, he's human. Just like Robert does and I'm a huge fan of Robert, but I hear people all the time "ah he shouldn't have said this or said that or did this or did that"...yeah well I dont see anyone talking about how great Robert's interview was, holding back tears bc it was an emotional win and victory and joy to win not only his 3rd classic and rifle, but bc he also has put alot of work and time into the track and facility. No, no, let's just be negative all the time. Then the other thing is for the people that think Flo doesn't affect the crowd at all, wow you should really consider looking up the definition of REALITY. I can tell you more people then I will get likes on this post that are from Kokomo to Gas City to a triangular area clear up to Logansport that did not go either night "bc they could just sit at home and watch it on Flo." Others who couldnt go bc of work, health, kids, graduations, open houses, myself included, yet watched it on Flo. I'm very thankful for Flo, I dont have the money to travel to Florida or the Eastern Storm or South Dakota or the West Coast races at the end of the year. Perfect example, I was planning on TH both nights. Friday I could not catch a break and get done working soon enough. Guess what, made it to Gas City in time instead, and guess what, watched TH on Flo while I was at GC. Saturday I'm in for sure, well damn its rained out. Well I cant go Sunday, I already made plans with my hunting and fishing partner to take the boat out and get some crappie. We hammered them, put food in my stomach and freezer, got to spend time with a person that is a 2nd Dad to me since I lost my Dad that's 67 and may not be here next crappie season just like I may not and guess what, in between fishing holes and rebaiting and changing lures, guess what, watched TH on Flo on the boat Sunday. Wish I would have went to TH but just couldn't this time, however I am part of the problem not just bc of Flo, but Flo enables me to still watch the race without attending and paying for everything with the economy and prices for traveling at all time highs. Although I'm thankful for Flo and not bad mouthing it, but it DOES affect the crowd, sales, concessions, etc. It's not just TH that Flo hurts the crowd...I know people at Midget Week, Sprint Week, and Smackdown that stay out at their camper with their own comfortable chairs, own drinks, own food, own bathroom, and set up a big flat screen on a table and dont even go in the gates, dont spend a nickel at the track except camping, if camping isn't free, bc they can watch it on Flo yet still hear the sounds from the cars without spending much at all. If my post gets deleted so be it. I dont get any likes, so be it, could care less. Be positive and support the tracks, owners, promoters, teams, drivers, or dont, your choice, your OPINION, NOT right or wrong.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scott Ronk mad at live stream