IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scott Ronk mad at live stream
5/23/22, 8:04 PM   #41
Re: Scott Ronk mad at live stream
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

[quote=yeleyfan76;552484]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Just decided Im not going to get into this at all.

I said I wouldn't get into it.

Charles?? Do you read what you write???? Even when you repeat yourself. 🤷*♂️
Yes I did and realize it. Just became a interesting topic in a sad way.

5/23/22, 8:48 PM   #42
bighd0522

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTipover View Post
On the flip side, for years on this site there has been constant whining about rain outs, promoters not scheduling rain dates, etc. This promotor took a huge chance in pre-scheduling a rain date for this $10,000 to win event and was rewarded with "fans" sitting home on their couches. Nice job whiners!
Then they'll be complaining it's shut down over a mean tweet.
Last edited by bighd0522; 5/23/22 at 8:52 PM.

5 members like this post: Blitzman, JDavis#11, Oleman61x, tirespinner, TommyTipover
5/23/22, 8:58 PM   #43
captrat

Really?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/23/22, 8:59 PM   #44
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
The promoters agreed to or caused everything that happened that weekend except the weather. Don't try to act like a freaking victim. They should have been out there on the front stretch thanking the people that did attend. I was planning to travel to THAT several MORE times this year [that's an overnight trip] in lieu of much closer races. Have to rethink that.

If they had a lot of food to throw away they should have cooked it up on Sunday and given it away.

Oh by the way, the dust is still a problem. The wind carries it into the bleachers.
Really?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/23/22, 9:11 PM   #45
captrat

OMG, the amount of hypocrisy and misinformation on this thread is so indicative of what happens in our world today in which people fire off opinions based upon hearsay, old anecdotal experiences, unsubstantiated claims along with personal animus. Many of you so called veterans were so concerned about losing THAT and now this reaction. Unbelievable.

5/23/22, 10:35 PM   #46
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

I don't know about anyone else but I saw two kick ass races at the greatest half mile in the country this weekend! How about everyone bring a friend to the next show on Friday June 24th MSCS.

5/23/22, 10:42 PM   #47
JDavis#11

Good Lord People! Scott made a tweet that people did not like. He also invested a ton of money and time into improving one of greatest tracks in the country! I'm sure he lost a bunch of money on the weekend and is upset. I know I would be. As far as the cooler policy, who cares! Stop at your favorite restaurant on the way to the track. Bring your cooler and have a picnic in the parking lot before the race, then go out during track rework or support classes to get a drink or snack if you don't want to buy from the concession stand. The 5.00 parking is the fair board I believe ( correct me if I'm wrong ). The point is the guy has done a ton for the track. He shouldn't have tweeted what he did, but man a lot of the posts on here sound like you want the place to fail! Then we can all get on here and gripe about another failed speedway. People need to let things that they read on social media go. Read it, think to yourself, wow that was not very kind, and move on with your life. Getting butt hurt over something on social media that doesn't call you out by name is just silly. Let it go and move on with your life!

5/23/22, 11:29 PM   #48
sjracer26

Race Count Last Year: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDavis#11 View Post
Good Lord People! Scott made a tweet that people did not like. He also invested a ton of money and time into improving one of greatest tracks in the country! I'm sure he lost a bunch of money on the weekend and is upset. I know I would be. As far as the cooler policy, who cares! Stop at your favorite restaurant on the way to the track. Bring your cooler and have a picnic in the parking lot before the race, then go out during track rework or support classes to get a drink or snack if you don't want to buy from the concession stand. The 5.00 parking is the fair board I believe ( correct me if I'm wrong ). The point is the guy has done a ton for the track. He shouldn't have tweeted what he did, but man a lot of the posts on here sound like you want the place to fail! Then we can all get on here and gripe about another failed speedway. People need to let things that they read on social media go. Read it, think to yourself, wow that was not very kind, and move on with your life. Getting butt hurt over something on social media that doesn't call you out by name is just silly. Let it go and move on with your life!
100% this. Scott, and the team, has been amazing to work with from a promotion standpoint. He trusted our series, Indiana Racesavers, with two dates this year and did more promotional things for us at the track and behind the scenes than most other promoters I have worked with. Not throwing my hat into the social media conversations. Just saying that this group has made a monumental effort to revitalize the last big dirt track in the state. The least we can do is support them. I know big tracks aren't for everyone, but man the speeds are just so amazing to witness in person. Grandstand seats at the fence entering turn 1 at THAT is one of my absolute favorite places to be!

5/24/22, 7:19 AM   #49

I don't want to see the guy fail but come on. Everyone knew the weather was going to be crap all week. I can not believe they got the Friday show in. I do believe the feature finished with lightning in the sky. Lets really take a look at the set up. Your going to schedule back to back races on the weekend before memorial day? How many races are there this week? How many part time race fans will be traveling this week for mini vacations? Those people are not going to spend money the weekend before. You also have 2 days of qualifications at the the Speedway. Sunday is our family day at the speedway. I seen a lot of short track fans there. Even if you had perfect weather, your crowd was limited. I live 2 hours away. I plan to attend 4 to 5 races this week weather permitting. Those 5 races are no more than an hour from my house. This date might have worked for a weekly track. It will always be hard for a special events track. Watching the FLO replay was the only way I was going to see racing at THAT. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, PIT CART, sw1911, tirespinner
5/24/22, 8:27 AM   #50
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I love how some of you can say more with less in one post than i can in six. Sure was a lot more working against them than Flo and NoS, Indy Qual's, Nascar all star, Week of indy which old promoter apparently kept Hullman date, Reschedule, sun night etc.

I really wish them success. Can't say they aren't trying. ton of hard work and $$ has gone in.

4 members like this post: Kart#51, oppweld, RedRacer07, sw1911
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scott Ronk mad at live stream