IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Hulman classic usac sprints moved to sunday, may 22
5/21/22, 7:59 PM   #11
Re: Usac: Hulman classic usac sprints moved to sunday, may 2
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I know they ran fords up until sprint week last year then that race him and thorson got into it. I looked and it was a chevy. Still is a chevy but they are still saying Ford.

5/21/22, 8:32 PM   #12
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
Is there any impact of LPS moving to Sunday?
Well there might be now

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R

5/21/22, 8:55 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Im sorry, But I love it!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/21/22 at 9:20 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Leohr46
5/22/22, 1:02 AM   #14
dustbowl

Kudos to terre haute and their promoters.
Last edited by dustbowl; 5/22/22 at 2:03 AM.

5/22/22, 8:16 AM   #15
PJ Wright

The new promoters at THAT have done many good things. This move is NOT one of them. Both tracks originally were scheduled for yesterday with no issues between them. They both postponed to today for the same reason. Why is THAT entitled to a rain date and LPS is not? Is it because they announced the postponement an hour or two earlier? I believe that 99% of the fans and racers will stick with the track they were planning on going to originally. Maybe I'm wrong and this will actually draw some racers away from LPS, but I suspect that in the long run this move by THAT is going to come back to hurt them.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Jerry Shaw, tdt636, tirespinner
5/22/22, 9:31 AM   #16
sp6967

Does lps usually move to sunday when they rain out on Saturday? Does terre haute usually have a rain date?

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
5/22/22, 9:37 AM   #17
bighd0522

Appears to me a promoter,promoting

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Longtime sprinter, RHR, tirespinner
5/22/22, 9:53 AM   #18
kcarm92

was told Friday at driver's meeting that Sunday was the rain date ,they just didn't deicide on it yesterday, it was already planned ,not so much for the other track,

5/22/22, 10:22 AM   #19
Charles Nungester

THAT/USAC set a rain date for Sunday on weds or thurs. LPS had none until the cancellation notice.

I see nothing wrong with what THAT did, We need more of it. Creativity! First time to the track $$$ First time winner $$$. Win another track on fri and our track sat $$$ Elect to start at the tail if your a first couple row starter and win 3-4-5 k for regular show. Those kinda things. Sure a bunch I can't think of. But Promoting is exactly what we need.

LPS, Well there's a bunch of racers and fans that probably want to race. I mean they probably have a arm band to get in anyway from the rainouts.

Get to the track if you can. I think a lot of guys could surprise themselves. Have fun everyone and be safe.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/22/22 at 10:26 AM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
5/22/22, 10:35 AM   #20
Andrew S. Quinn

Years ago I would have tried to get to both tracks in time to watch the features after careful planning on which would be finished first. Nowadays.....not so much.

Quite a few years ago many of us fans had to decide whether to go to the Gold Crown for USAC midgets,or Little Belleville about 30 miles away for POWRi midgets. LPS and THAT would be similar in distance apart as Granite City and Little Belleville. Most went to Granite City,but I often went against the popular opinion of the day on where to go to see what I thought would be the best race,and I went to Little Belleville instead,right from the parking lot at Granite City where I had been tailgating with friends that afternoon.

I'm sure some of them thought I was nuts going there,but I loved the place and saw so many great races at Little Belleville it was hard to pass up. One person told me I "Wasnt a real fan" given my decision to go there instead of the popular opinion of the day.

At the end of the night I saw the midget features at both tracks,and the one that told me I wasnt a "Real Fan" I saw running to his car with about 4 laps to go of the Gold Crown to apparently beat the rush after the race.

I do think that the offer from THAT is a rather interesting one.

Now if only tracks would offer a bonus towing in with an open trailer behind a 72 Chevy pickup that smokes a little like I saw Joey Allen do at a WoO race at Williams Grove one year and go set fast time.....
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 5/22/22 at 10:37 AM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Hulman classic usac sprints moved to sunday, may 22