Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NW Nationals
4/12/22, 5:20 PM   #1
NW Nationals
miledirt

What if you could get owners / promoters at:

Kokomo
Put
Haubstadt

to agree to rotate an annual 2-3 day event? Say it's every year, the second weekend in July. If it's not your year, you don't run that weekend but support the NW Nationals.

One, perhaps it's a pipe dream to get those three tracks to support something like this.

Two, there's still a ton of other tracks that could run that weekend in Indiana or nearby states and hurt the car count.

What do you think?

1 member likes this post: oppweld
4/12/22, 6:35 PM   #2
bighd0522

Been a few years back but I remember in the fall terre haute had a nationals with wing 410,360 I think and non wing and a couple other classes place was always over flowing with cars in all classes for that!

4/12/22, 10:13 PM   #3
Re: NW Nationals
Sprint63122

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighd0522 View Post
Been a few years back but I remember in the fall terre haute had a nationals with wing 410,360 I think and non wing and a couple other classes place was always over flowing with cars in all classes for that!
If i remember correctly was called the dirt nationals and only sprint cars four classes 410 woo wing and unsanctioned on the non wing & 360 wing and non wing general admission was 18.00 a night over a 160 cars signed in and was some late night racing.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, chrismattlin, DaveP63, Leohr46, Steve Wendel
4/13/22, 8:40 AM   #4
opnwhlmnd

We could call it something like say ... The Smackdown
Last edited by opnwhlmnd; 4/13/22 at 8:41 AM. Reason: Brain cramp

4/13/22, 11:03 AM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Tried it at Terre Haute 20 years ago. Plenty of cars, not enough fans. The Smackdown seems to be doing well and has the perfect weekend. Sprint week already occupies July along with the big show in South Dakota. There really isn’t room for anymore.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, sprint38racer
4/13/22, 11:29 AM   #6
Pancho Stapp

I love me some Smackdown!! My favorite show, so looking forward to it and the people we see yearly. 🍺

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, oppweld, rapid robert
4/13/22, 12:24 PM   #7
duel

I would like to see a big 2-day show in the summer at the big E. Without a wing support class. It's a place that has the money to pull it off. If I were a wealthy person I would help the purse and promotion. For now, there is plenty of good sprint racing in the summer everywhere. Just that it only lasts about 5 months.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART, tamati
4/13/22, 1:04 PM   #8
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
What if you could get owners / promoters at:

Kokomo
Put
Haubstadt

to agree to rotate an annual 2-3 day event? Say it's every year, the second weekend in July. If it's not your year, you don't run that weekend but support the NW Nationals.

One, perhaps it's a pipe dream to get those three tracks to support something like this.

Two, there's still a ton of other tracks that could run that weekend in Indiana or nearby states and hurt the car count.

What do you think?
Putnamville already has a 2 day show in July. Throw in SprintWeek and its a pretty crowded month already.

4/13/22, 1:40 PM   #9
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
We could call it something like say ... The Smackdown
Did you race at the I55 US Dirt Nationals?

4/13/22, 6:07 PM   #10
tamati

That would be nice, Love Eldora but the only draw back is the track prep. last time they had a nice track the WOO wouldnt run on it. Well maybe someday.

2 members like this post: cornerthree, duel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NW Nationals