IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Humbug, IT's just wrong with racing today (Add yours)
12/21/21, 10:40 PM   #1
Humbug, IT's just wrong with racing today (Add yours)
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I'll start.
It's just wrong there is no Hut Hundred anymore. Yet hundred lappers happen elsewhere.

12/22/21, 6:53 AM   #2
motorhead748

Hoosier Fall classic with the ASCOC at the burg

12/22/21, 7:32 AM   #3
miwingless

Hoosier 100 at the Indy mile!

12/22/21, 8:26 AM   #4
ISF

Fan support for the great racing of the Silver Crown division on the 2 Illinois 1 mile dirt tracks is so low. Humbug indeed!

12/22/21, 9:25 AM   #5
dsc1600

Dirt late models race for 10x the money non-winged sprints do.

6 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, K92, Oleman61x, PIT CART, ROSCO, TNRustler
12/22/21, 9:32 AM   #6
Re: Humbug, IT's just wrong with racing today (Add yours)
markd

Covid killed Litttle Belleville

4 members like this post: billw, Hustlin-Hoosier, racenut69, skids59
12/22/21, 11:14 AM   #7
PJ Wright

Good thread Charles. For me, it's my physical limitations that make it very difficult to attend any races nowadays. Yeah I know about Flo and all the other streaming providers, but there is nothing, NOTHING, like being there in person. Well there is my living room recliner's close proximity to the concession stand otherwise known as our kitchen.🙂 In all seriousness, I wish each member of IOW a blessed and peaceful Christmas.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

12/22/21, 11:36 AM   #8
hairracer44

Losing our Dad in November, he will not be at the track ever again with my brother and I to help us at the track and watch us race. That my friends is a Humbug that will never go away for me.

12/22/21, 11:49 AM   #9
TQ29m

He will be there, if you have him on your mind, memories are wonderful company.

12/22/21, 12:24 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

Coming from a person who has been battling health problems since February, and lost his job from not being able to return in a reasonable time. Maybe it would be more appropriate at this time of year to concentrate on the good things. We all claim to love the sport, but focus our energies to tear it down. Maybe if we were more positive, it would carry over.
I am thankful to be alive. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to say that not long ago. I want to thank everyone who participates in the sport in any way for providing me a distraction from life's problems. I have been going to races for quite a while, and the last 6 or 7 years, the on track product has never been better. Can't wait to get back to the track. My goal is March at DuQuoin. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, and hope for good things for all.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Humbug, IT's just wrong with racing today (Add yours)