IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Waynesfield BOSS Races
8/16/21, 11:43 AM   #1
Waynesfield BOSS Races
DRFan87

Was just released that Waynesfield has canned two BOSS races, apparently in favor of NRA 360s. What a joke. The BOSS product at Waynesfield these past couple of years has been spectacular, with car counts consistently at 30+. Very disappointed in Waynesfield as the non wing guys have been the most supportive of the track the past few years. Such a shame.

8/16/21, 12:08 PM   #2
Re: Waynesfield BOSS Races
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFan87 View Post
Was just released that Waynesfield has canned two BOSS races, apparently in favor of NRA 360s. What a joke. The BOSS product at Waynesfield these past couple of years has been spectacular, with car counts consistently at 30+. Very disappointed in Waynesfield as the non wing guys have been the most supportive of the track the past few years. Such a shame.
My guess is WRP future will gravitate to a wing 360 & 410 track with a few non wing specials/ BOSS during the season. This would leave an option available for Larry @ Montpelier to run semi regular non wing sprint Saturday shows with his midgets for open wheel fans and sprint teams in western Ohio and Indiana. Both of these tracks were on the brink, so keeping them open and supporting them is critical!

1 member likes this post: ROSCO
8/16/21, 12:24 PM   #3
DRFan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
My guess is WRP future will gravitate to a wing 360 & 410 track with a few non wing specials/ BOSS during the season. This would leave an option available for Larry @ Montpelier to run semi regular non wing sprint Saturday shows with his midgets for open wheel fans and sprint teams in western Ohio and Indiana. Both of these tracks were on the brink, so keeping them open and supporting them is critical!
with all due respect, how does adding a 360 program, with very limited car counts, help keep a track open more than a series that constantly has more cars? And that's just what Ohio needs, another 410 wing track running on Saturday nights. There's not enough of them already.
Last edited by DRFan87; 8/16/21 at 12:35 PM.

2 members like this post: ROSCO, spicoli
8/16/21, 2:14 PM   #4
snowdrift

They did reschedule or schedule a race at the field for oct 16 this year

8/16/21, 3:06 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Guess my trips to Waynesfield are over Wingless drivers from there always welcome at the Burg and Gas City or other NW tracks.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, ROSCO
8/16/21, 3:10 PM   #6
BrentTFunk

I am not sure a Sat night sprint show at Montpelier would work. Sat nights are pretty saturated already. think I would make it a special show.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/16/21, 4:33 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I am not sure a Sat night sprint show at Montpelier would work. Sat nights are pretty saturated already. think I would make it a special show.
Works great right up against the World 100. drove bye it twice to get to Montpelier BOSS show

8/16/21, 6:12 PM   #8
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I would love to run with BOSS at Montpelier again and I know if we could get the help my brother and I would both be there..

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, PJ Wright
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Waynesfield BOSS Races