IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Hulman classic usac sprints moved to sunday, may 22
5/21/22, 12:40 PM   #1
Usac: Hulman classic usac sprints moved to sunday, may 22
admin

5/21/22 12:24 PM HULMAN CLASSIC USAC SPRINTS MOVED TO SUNDAY, MAY 22

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...-sunday-may-22

HULMAN CLASSIC USAC SPRINTS MOVED TO SUNDAY, MAY 22

Terre Haute, Indiana (May 21, 2022)………The 52nd annual running of the Tony Hulman Classic for the USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship has been postponed to Sunday, May 22, at the Terre Haute (Ind.) Action Track.

Forecasted rain for Saturday’s originally scheduled date has forced the movement of the series’ longest annually running event to Sunday, where drivers will vie for a $10,000 top prize in the 30-lap feature.

On Sunday, the pits open at 2pm Eastern, front gates at 2pm, drivers meeting at 4:30pm and hot laps at 5pm with qualifying and racing immediately following.* RaceSaver 305 Sprint Cars and UMP Modifieds will also be on the event card.

General admission grandstand tickets are $30. Kids age 10 and under are free.* Infield tickets are $20. Kids age 10 and under are free.* Pit passes are $35.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
5/21/22, 1:27 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Hulman classic usac sprints moved to sunday, may 2
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Thanks for moving starting time up!!!!

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, luckybuc97, rimrider69, sw1911, tirespinner
5/21/22, 1:41 PM   #3
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Not a fan of starting at 5 or multiple support classes but to each their own. Thanks for the rain date and since it’s not on Friday or Saturday you can expect a better field of cars. I know at least one good car that is now planning on being there.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
5/21/22, 1:55 PM   #4
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Not a fan of starting at 5 or multiple support classes but to each their own. Thanks for the rain date and since it’s not on Friday or Saturday you can expect a better field of cars. I know at least one good car that is now planning on being there.
Is there any impact of LPS moving to Sunday?

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, luckybuc97, tirespinner
5/21/22, 3:22 PM   #5
PIT CART

Does LPS normally run on Sunday after a rainout on Saturday?

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
5/21/22, 3:40 PM   #6
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Most folks gotta work Monday morning and don’t want to be at the track till 10 and then drive a hour or 2 home, but I’m thrilled that there will be 1 GOOD car there tomorrow. Nothing but junk there last night

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, luckybuc97, rimrider69, tirespinner, wildman92
5/21/22, 4:58 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

I hope they have a good crowd. Rescheduling a $10,000 to win race is risky. With the money they are putting up, and the money and work they are doing at the track, they deserve a good crowd.

5/21/22, 5:07 PM   #8
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
Is there any impact of LPS moving to Sunday?
Don't believe LPS running on Sunday will affect much. Gives the guys who don't want to run the half mile another option to race on this evening. The majority of guys running LPS would not be venturing to Terre Haute anyhow. Don't believe that the crowd effect will be much either.

Bruce Eckel

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, racefan20, tdt636, tirespinner
5/21/22, 6:40 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Lots of guys I think would be good at THAT and I some I don't think have ever run it. It's all their cars and preference. But I think Cling, Hayslett, Kendall, Cockrum, Braxton Cummings, The Hurst Car (Don't know what Jordan Kinser's doing now) And several others could do well. Im not getting out like I used too but some guys like to go fast and others like the bullrings. I just love to see sprint cars air it out with the only thing slowing them down is how long the Right foot stays down.

Hope everyone has a good safe race sunday. It's just me, But I don't think Brady's tire was cut with the defects Im seeing on the net. Brand new mounted up tires split right down the middle etc. Could just of been cut but IDK Can't prove anything but be safe everyone.

Still haven't got a answer on the Leary ride, Have they actually run a Ford since before ISW last year?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/21/22 at 6:49 PM.

5/21/22, 7:46 PM   #10
erich45

I'm pretty sure the 77 was running Fords before they joined the national tour.
Not sure what happened to Brady's tire, but it was almost flat when he went past the stands the lap before it blew apart.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, tirespinner
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Hulman classic usac sprints moved to sunday, may 22