IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AFS Badger Midget Series Tire Policy Announced
4/30/22, 11:11 PM   #11
Pitdad

Who was buying more than one RR a night?

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99
5/1/22, 3:53 AM   #12
Re: AFS Badger Midget Series Tire Policy Announced
jdull99

Ha! I was thinking I mighta bought 3 new tires a YEAR when I raced...(but one time I had one - thanks to my crew chief/supporter for some races - we won the Dash & got 2nd in the feature...not a bmara race but another National Midget race at APS). Only bought them when I had the money though (thanks to sponsors and however I could keep the bank account balanced). Good for those that have what they need to be able to buy them more often (if they can get them; now) - I'll never forget how bad I squeaked writing the check for the last one I bought (& then it was outlawed over the off-season). Wished I had a few with just a few laps on them I could sell...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 5/1/22 at 2:02 PM.

5/1/22, 1:27 PM   #13
Pitdad

Look, I’m certainly not trying to “bash” anything, but if we can’t ask questions, then why do we have a “forum”.

The decision is to allow the purchase of one RR tire at each show. My previous question still stands, “who was buying more than one tire a night?” We weren’t/aren’t front runners, but I feel like I’m pretty cognizant at the track and would notice who is rolling out with new rubber for the feature. I know we have had a few nights were the track ate up tires, but one of those was a fifty lapper.

I think the logistical questions of how exactly you are going to run an 84x12 Chili Bowl tire on a 10” rim is a fair question. To us, the soft RR fears are going to become a self correcting problem because you can’t get the stagger right with an 8” LR, so if somebody wants to tackle that hassle, they can have it.

If you’re not prepared to have a public discussion on these matters, don’t post it to a public forum. I don’t see where anything Spfld Kid asked was out of line.

1 member likes this post: sw1911
5/1/22, 1:52 PM   #14
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad View Post
Look, I’m certainly not trying to “bash” anything, but if we can’t ask questions, then why do we have a “forum”.

The decision is to allow the purchase of one RR tire at each show. My previous question still stands, “who was buying more than one tire a night?” We weren’t/aren’t front runners, but I feel like I’m pretty cognizant at the track and would notice who is rolling out with new rubber for the feature. I know we have had a few nights were the track ate up tires, but one of those was a fifty lapper.

I think the logistical questions of how exactly you are going to run an 84x12 Chili Bowl tire on a 10” rim is a fair question. To us, the soft RR fears are going to become a self correcting problem because you can’t get the stagger right with an 8” LR, so if somebody wants to tackle that hassle, they can have it.

If you’re not prepared to have a public discussion on these matters, don’t post it to a public forum. I don’t see where anything Spfld Kid asked was out of line.
If you have questions direct them to the proper place. In this case that would be the elected president of the series. If you race with the series you should have his number or a way to contact him. The intent of posting was to get the word out so nobody is caught off-guard, not attract internet trolls and competitors who have taken no steps to educate themselves on the issues before everyone.
Last edited by Ray3; 5/1/22 at 1:59 PM.

1 member likes this post: ossuks
5/1/22, 1:58 PM   #15
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad View Post
Who was buying more than one RR a night?
My take is that BMARA is on a per race allotment from Hoosier right now. Only being able to buy one tire a night is to keep anyone from hoarding them.

I don't go to the meetings or even really talk to anyone, just know what's going on with other series right now.

5/1/22, 2:00 PM   #16
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendirt View Post
My take is that BMARA is on a per race allotment from Hoosier right now. Only being able to buy one tire a night is to keep anyone from hoarding them.

I don't go to the meetings or even really talk to anyone, just know what's going on with other series right now.
The entire industry is short on tires. How some don't understand this I don't know. Nobody wants to be without tires and to keep people from buying more than they need controls need to be put into place.
Last edited by Ray3; 5/1/22 at 2:07 PM.

5/1/22, 3:29 PM   #17
Spfld Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray3 View Post
If you have questions direct them to the proper place. In this case that would be the elected president of the series. If you race with the series you should have his number or a way to contact him. The intent of posting was to get the word out so nobody is caught off-guard, not attract internet trolls and competitors who have taken no steps to educate themselves on the issues before everyone.
Now I'm a troll? Thought I asked 3 reasonable questions, that you still have not answered. And considering you said you attend these meetings, why can't you answer them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray3 View Post
The entire industry is short on tires. How some don't understand this I don't know.
It's totally understood as already mentioned. You just keep dodging the questions on why you chose this way to help the situation, when my opinion thinks there is a better way that actually conserves tires, and avoids others from having to buy a left rear, and run a softer compound right rear. These opinions come from your statements not pulled from the sky to just incite you. And as mentioned opinions are respectively allowed on a message board.

5/1/22, 4:06 PM   #18
Pitdad

I’ll let you know how it turns out next week. I’ll be at Sycamore, and Angell Park the two weekends after that. If we have access to one tire a night, there’s no issue.

And yes, I have Quinn’s number and we do attend all the meetings. I predict the ones who will be crying the loudest are the one’s who don’t attend the meetings.

And to prove I’m no troll:
David Collins Sr.
Crew for the 40JR, DRC/Mazda

1 member likes this post: fish
5/1/22, 7:02 PM   #19
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spfld Kid View Post
Now I'm a troll? Thought I asked 3 reasonable questions, that you still have not answered. And considering you said you attend these meetings, why can't you answer them?
Send me a private message with your name, car number and membership status with Badger and I'll answer your questions.

5/1/22, 9:08 PM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Didn't see him call anyone a troll except people like me who would comment on this as I have no involvement in the series.

A you can run any hoosier you like. It has to run all night. And if you need a hoosier they have em, But you can only buy one a night (So those who could afford them don't buy ten of the twenty they have *Just a example*)

At least thats what I take from it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AFS Badger Midget Series Tire Policy Announced