IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indianapolis Vacation
2/3/15, 7:51 PM   #1
Indianapolis Vacation
Speedyk

I know this is an odd question for this forum, but I thought I would give it a try. My wife and I are from Oklahoma, and the 3rd week of March we are taking a mini-vacation and traveling to Indianapolis. We are planning on visiting Indianapolis Motor Speedway and also the Dallara Indy Car facility. I looked into visiting a participating indy team that lets people tour, but I am unsure of even where to start, or if any of the teams that are near Indy will even let people tour. Are there any out there that would? We would also be interested in seeing a prominent USAC sprint car/silver crown operation, but once again, not sure where to start. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2/3/15, 8:14 PM   #2
Re: Indianapolis Vacation
midget96

CFH Racing (Carpenter Fisher Hartman Racing) is next door to the Dallara Shop. Call them and see if they do tours

2/3/15, 8:32 PM   #3
Jonr

Since you are doing a gear head tour, I would also look at touring a NHRA shop. I do not know if any of them do tours, but I am amazed at their equipment. A look behind the scenes would be great.

2/3/15, 9:20 PM   #4
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Charlie Brown's Pancake and Steak House is a short walk from CFH and Dallara. Excellent food, friendly staff, and tons of racing memorabilia. I recommend it highly.

4 members like this post: dickster, midget39, PIT CART, Stephen Cording
2/3/15, 9:39 PM   #5
7xCoop

Race Count This Year: 7

Mug & Bun is good eats for cheap near gasoline alley. Arizona sport shirts is down there as well as Hinchman. Also check out Fasttimes on the north side for indoor karting.

1 member likes this post: Speedwrench
2/3/15, 9:47 PM   #6
i love dirt track racing

Hopefully you can stick around till March 28 and go to Brownstown speedway to see the great non wing racing at the no way out 40. Always a great show. Hope that you and wife have a great trip to the racing capital of the world.

1 member likes this post: dshort36
2/4/15, 6:03 PM   #7
bigq11

Not sprint cars, but if you are here on March 21, you could catch the Indiana Ice Breaker at Brownstown, IN. It is a Lucas Oil sanctioned Super Late Model race. Like I said, not open wheel, but one heck of a race.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, mc/rider
2/4/15, 6:33 PM   #8
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by midget96 View Post
CFH Racing (Carpenter Fisher Hartman Racing) is next door to the Dallara Shop. Call them and see if they do tours
Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing, LLC
1255 Main Street
Speedway, IN 46224
office 317.481.0195

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indianapolis Vacation