IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bettenhausen 100 postponed to october 15 after heavy m
8/20/22, 9:10 AM   #1
Usac: Bettenhausen 100 postponed to october 15 after heavy m
admin

8/20/22 9:08 AM BETTENHAUSEN 100 POSTPONED TO OCTOBER 15 AFTER HEAVY MORNING RAIN

https://www.usacracing.com/news/silv...y-morning-rain

BETTENHAUSEN 100 POSTPONED TO OCTOBER 15 AFTER HEAVY MORNING RAIN

Springfield, Illinois (August 20, 2022)………Heavy overnight rain that has carried over into the Saturday morning hours has forced postponement of the 59th running of the Bettenhausen 100 presented by Hunt Brothers Pizza and MiteXstream at the Illinois State Fairgrounds to Saturday, October 15.

The Sunday, August 21, portion of the event, featuring the ARCA Menards Series is still scheduled as planned.

Saturday’s program was scheduled to have the USAC Silver Crown National Championship and DIRTcar Sportsman. Over 40 Silver Crown cars were entered for the historic event.

The Sunday afternoon Atlas 100 presented by MiteXstream will see the ARCA Menards Series in the stock car portion of the weekend. The DIRTcar Sportsman will also qualify and run their feature event.

Tickets for the ARCA event can be purchased at the Illinois State Fair box office in advance for a $5 discount or on race day upon arrival.

For more information, visit www.trackenterprises.com and www.usacracing.com.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
8/20/22, 5:14 PM   #2
Therealether

Big props to Bob and TE for rescheduling instead of cancelling

8/20/22, 5:36 PM   #3
Hoosiersprinter

Beautiful day. Shoulda put some effort in and ran it. TEI never lifts finger when it rains on half mile or bigger. Good lord, it’s the state fair! Equipment galore.

2 members like this post: duel, flagboy55
8/20/22, 6:31 PM   #4
Re: Usac: Bettenhausen 100 postponed to october 15 after hea
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosiersprinter View Post
Beautiful day. Shoulda put some effort in and ran it. TEI never lifts finger when it rains on half mile or bigger. Good lord, it’s the state fair! Equipment galore.
I'm sure a lot has to do with time. Have to be done to set up for concert at night.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, oppweld, tirespinner
8/20/22, 6:50 PM   #5
Hoosiersprinter

Already set up. No reason not to run. Still beautiful. No offense Fred 😄

1 member likes this post: duel
8/20/22, 8:28 PM   #6
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosiersprinter View Post
Already set up. No reason not to run. Still beautiful. No offense Fred 😄
I believe Track Enterprises has a time limit that they have to be off the track and the pits cleared. Yes…the concert scheduled for tonight may be “set-up”, but they also set up seating on the track for the nights concert. At least they are going to try and hold the race. If they didn’t give a s***, they could have just called it a rainout and not rescheduled it.

8/20/22, 9:55 PM   #7
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Everyone bring a NEW fan to the make up show so we can prove mile champ car races don't need state fairs to be financially successful so maybe eventually we can get multiple dates on miles!

8/20/22, 10:57 PM   #8
Hoosiersprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
I believe Track Enterprises has a time limit that they have to be off the track and the pits cleared. Yes…the concert scheduled for tonight may be “set-up”, but they also set up seating on the track for the nights concert. At least they are going to try and hold the race. If they didn’t give a s***, they could have just called it a rainout and not rescheduled it.
They coulda tried. Been here all day. I didn’t say they don’t give a *****. Just said they have a history of not trying very hard. Especially for such a historic race. You here all day??

1 member likes this post: duel
8/21/22, 11:41 AM   #9
flagboy55

Well I hate that it got postponed. I know a lot of you have made plans and traveled already to attend. But I too am also grateful we have a second chance and will try to take Oppweld up on his invitation. I’ve never been to Springfield, but I’ve got October already penciled in as my first visit. The August date just doesn’t work for me, but not much going on in October. And Oppweld, I’ll try to not come alone. I’m pretty sure I can talk my favorite brewer and fellow Vikings fan to come also
Last edited by flagboy55; 8/21/22 at 12:25 PM.

2 members like this post: erich45, oppweld
8/21/22, 12:04 PM   #10
Re: Usac: Bettenhausen 100 postponed to october 15 after hea
cornerthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
Everyone bring a NEW fan to the make up show so we can prove mile champ car races don't need state fairs to be financially successful so maybe eventually we can get multiple dates on miles!
I will becoming from Wisconsin hopefully bring a couple of newbies with me.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Joe Schaub, oppweld, tirespinner
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bettenhausen 100 postponed to october 15 after heavy m