IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Favorite ISW Moment/Memory
6/30/14, 6:42 PM   #1
Favorite ISW Moment/Memory
Tumey's 55

With Indiana Sprint Week just around the corner I would like to ask folks to share their favorite memory or moment from years past.

6/30/14, 7:28 PM   #2
Re: Favorite ISW Moment/Memory
Gregg

2004 Twin Cities. JJ Yeley's last corner pass for the win.

6/30/14, 7:52 PM   #3
Jrp4554

Don't remember the year but it was my first time at kokomo. My dad and I were walking through the pits and just were impressed by how many people used to make the trek from California each year.

6/30/14, 7:57 PM   #4
richie

Terry Pletch's first and only career USAC win in the 1999 Indiana Sprintweek opener at Terre Haute. Won it from the last row!!! Aired live on ESPN2.

6/30/14, 8:03 PM   #5
Tumey's 55

Wasn't there but watched it on TV. Great to see the underdog win once in a while.

1 member likes this post: cmakin
6/30/14, 8:03 PM   #6
racenut69

I'm hoping I get one before I'm taking a dirt nap..

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
6/30/14, 8:16 PM   #7
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
2004 Twin Cities. JJ Yeley's last corner pass for the win.
As far as I'm concerned, that was the greatest drive I have ever seen. He started well back in the pack and kind of got lost in the shuffle. For some reason, I really felt he had a chance to shine that night. Watching him put that sprint car in places that it really shouldn't have fit was very exciting to watch. Going into 3 and coming off of 4 he looked like he was shot out of a cannon. I kinda just sat there asking did that really happen?

Sad to see Twin Cities fall into the wrong hands and no longer be a part of sprint week. I saw a lot of good racing there in the day.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/30/14, 9:12 PM   #8
Action Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Terry Pletch's first and only career USAC win in the 1999 Indiana Sprintweek opener at Terre Haute. Won it from the last row!!! Aired live on ESPN2.

http://youtu.be/wQ8PVZ5BZUA
Correct me if I'm wrong; but didn't he drive the last 10 laps with a flat left front?

6/30/14, 9:30 PM   #9
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Tracker View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong; but didn't he drive the last 10 laps with a flat left front?
Flat right front tire.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/30/14, 9:32 PM   #10
Action Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post

http://youtu.be/wQ8PVZ5BZUA
Just noticed your Thunder video. Thanks for posting this. It wasn't quite 10 laps but holding off Yeley and Elliott for two with a flat is still my favorite ISW memory. Great hearing Larry Rice's commentary. I was in my long held seat coming out of four that night.

1 member likes this post: richie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Favorite ISW Moment/Memory