IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 - Hoosier Tires Only....
2/1/12, 7:53 PM   #1
Little 500 - Hoosier Tires Only....
donwilshe

Well it looks like Anderson has decided to dump the American Racer Tires for the Little 500. Anyone that was planning to race the ART might as well leave them behind. Last I heard the RR would be a $58.00 premium over the normal hooiser RR pricing. I expect the other tires to increase as well.

2012 LITTLE 500 RULEBOOK TIRES: TIRES: Tires limited to 20-inch cross-section maximum (measured with hoop). All cars must start the 2012 Little 500 on the same tires that were used to qualify their car. Cars in violation of this rule shall be moved to the rear of the field and penalized (1) one lap. All cars must utilize “Hoosier” tires. All tires for the event must be purchased at Anderson Speedway during the event or at the Glen Niebel Classic on April 29, 2012. The event begins with practice on Tuesday, May 22th and ends at the conclusion of the Pay Less Little 500.
Last edited by donwilshe; 2/3/12 at 12:46 PM.

2/1/12, 7:59 PM   #2
treecitytornado

Sad deal for the racers again!

Posted via Mobile Device

2/1/12, 8:14 PM   #3
thebus79h

If im not mistaken, last years race was on Hoosiers only as well. I could be wrong though.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/2/12, 10:27 AM   #4
Re: Little 500 - Hoosier Tires Only....
mccune88

Well just sat down to fill my entry form for the 500 and now it makes me have second thoughts with the cost this year last year was bad enough. Looks like it might me a wed night only for mccune racing this year with that kinda over head!!! 185.00 ART sounds a bit better to me and its sad because its my fav. track and fav. race

Jimmy McCune

2/2/12, 11:49 AM   #5
oljonesy

they are gonna have this race whether you guys show up or not and i've seen a hell of a lot of em without ya than with you!!

3 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, RacinFool, speed bump
2/2/12, 6:54 PM   #6
sprntr

Way to show your appreciation for the drivers who put on the show!

5 members like this post: erich45, interpreter66, Jerry Spencer, mccune88, Tom23
2/2/12, 8:02 PM   #7
Midget 89

Are we looking at a short field?

2/2/12, 9:17 PM   #8
schwarzracen27

Guess I don't understand, maybe someone can explain to me. Isn't must see racing the "sanctioning body" of little 500? I am assuming they are running American racer tires again this year? Would make more sense to let racer make a choice between hoosiers or american racers. Guess I miss the old days when the little 5 was a kind of a "run what ya brung". Miss seeing the old roadsters that used to show up.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, speed bump
2/2/12, 11:06 PM   #9
thebus79h

More than likely hoosier bought the exclusive rihts to it and are paying some of the purse.

How many teams last year were on American Racers?

Posted via Mobile Device

2/3/12, 12:36 AM   #10
donwilshe

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarzracen27 View Post
Guess I don't understand, maybe someone can explain to me. Isn't must see racing the "sanctioning body" of little 500? I am assuming they are running American racer tires again this year? Would make more sense to let racer make a choice between hoosiers or american racers. Guess I miss the old days when the little 5 was a kind of a "run what ya brung". Miss seeing the old roadsters that used to show up.

Posted via Mobile Device
Was here is the schedule! Something missing? Two things missing?

http://www.mustseeracing.com/series-...a-details.html

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 - Hoosier Tires Only....