Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #1 9/29/22 8:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xdb...rP1opids5AL8OI
6 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, EltoJoe, flagboy55, mc/rider, Speedmax3
Dale (Offline)
  #2 9/30/22 9:50 AM
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xdb...rP1opids5AL8OI
I didn't realize how much Scott resembles Robin Miller. The tracks need to increase their bargaining power with USAC et al and Flo. Sounds like the tracks have too much of the risk and not enough of the reward.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, TQ29m
revjimk (Offline)
  #3 9/30/22 1:50 PM
Scary...

Tough situation... drought, $6.40 gas (! ), traffic

It took me 3 hrs. to drive 75 miles from L.A. only time I went....
$1,000 from Flo is chicken feed

Good luck & hang in there!!!!
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #4 9/30/22 5:23 PM
Originally Posted by Dale:
I didn't realize how much Scott resembles Robin Miller. The tracks need to increase their bargaining power with USAC et al and Flo. Sounds like the tracks have too much of the risk and not enough of the reward.
We get calls around the Oval Nationals with people saying they are landing at LAX at 4:00 p.m. (or around that) on Thursday or Friday and coming to the track that night. Always tell them, you will be lucky if you see one lap of heat racing action. Ontario Airport is the way to go. About 30 minutes from the track with hotels nearby. More hotels have been built within 10 minutes of the track in recent years. That drive from LA can brutal.
12 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, cowboyhar69, Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, mtek56, oldfan49, oppweld, sw1911, tirespinner, Turd Ferguson
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #5 10/2/22 11:39 AM
Finally got to watch the interview with my Sunday morning coffee. Great job. The Oval Nationals has always been a bucket list race for me. Slowly picking away at that list. I certainly feel for the promotional team there at PAS. They have a lot of obstacles. He was certainly right, at least from this Hoosier’s point of view that there’s nothing like California. I think we can all agree that streaming is part of the deal now and will be going forward. As I stated on another thread, I believe adjustments will be made, because as he said, basically we all need each other. One thing I believe, and I might be wrong, is that the actual subscription fees have very little to do with the money being dealt to tracks. It’s about adds being sold to be shown during the broadcast. In which case you might be able to make the argument we need some more streamers. In any case I believe we will have a better grip on the situation going forward. With that all said, unless I hit the lottery between now and then, I won’t be making it to the Ovals this year. But I would be glad to buy a tee shirt if we can order one. It’s not much but I’m sure I’m not the only one who would do it. And let me throw this idea out there for future reference. I wonder if anyone ever thought of offering a travel package for this event leaving Indy with air, hotel, race tickets all included? Would be worth looking at. I mean Don’s favorite vacation may be Tahoe or Hawaii but I’ll take a vacation to Perris
JMA1181 (Offline)
  #6 10/2/22 6:47 PM
How come you guys didn’t race last night there Scott?
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #7 10/3/22 9:40 AM
Originally Posted by JMA1181:
There is a large lake and recreational area next to the fairgrounds. This past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, they hosted an event called Desert Daze. It is a pot festival. They have been hosting it for about three or four years and it has grown into a massive deal. Three stages, with bands playing constantly, food, and pot. The event is about four years old and we have a raced on every weekend it has happened prior to this year. However, the event has grown big time. Last year during the races on that weekend we noticed cars parking on the dam. That had never happened before. This year the fairgrounds advised us if the lake needed the parking lots on the fairgrounds they were going to rent them to the festival. It all depended on ticket sales. It became apparent early last week or late the week before that they sold so many tickets they were gonna need those parking lots. That event has grown every year and reportedly they expected 50,000 or 60,000 this year.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, tirespinner
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #8 10/3/22 9:51 AM
Originally Posted by JMA1181:
There is a large lake and recreational area next to the fairgrounds. This past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, they hosted an event called Desert Daze. It is a pot festival. They have been hosting it for about three or four years and it has grown into a massive deal. Three stages, with bands playing constantly, food, and pot. The event is about four years old and we have a raced on every weekend it has happened prior to this year. However, the event has grown big time. Last year during the races on that weekend we noticed cars parking on the dam. That had never happened before. This year the fairgrounds advised us if the lake needed the parking lots on the fairgrounds they were going to rent them to the festival. It all depended on ticket sales. It became apparent early last week or late the week before that they sold so many tickets they were gonna need those parking lots. That event has grown every year and reportedly they expected 50,000 or 60,000 this year. Kind of reminds of a race at Daytona several years ago that got postponed due to smoke from a fire. Richard Petty said, “I have been rained out, snowed out, blowed out and thowed out, but I ain’t never been smoked out.”
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
The Old Coyote (Online)
  #9 10/3/22 9:58 AM
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio:
There is a large lake and recreational area next to the fairgrounds. This past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, they hosted an event called Desert Daze. It is a pot festival. They have been hosting it for about three or four years and it has grown into a massive deal. Three stages, with bands playing constantly, food, and pot. The event is about four years old and we have a raced on every weekend it has happened prior to this year. However, the event has grown big time. Last year during the races on that weekend we noticed cars parking on the dam. That had never happened before. This year the fairgrounds advised us if the lake needed the parking lots on the fairgrounds they were going to rent them to the festival. It all depended on ticket sales. It became apparent early last week or late the week before that they sold so many tickets they were gonna need those parking lots. That event has grown every year and reportedly they expected 50,000 or 60,000 this year.
There you go! Sell pot at your concession stands and have a band playing next to the concession stand for the stoners to gaze at and stay away from the normal people in the grandstands! Increased ticket sales and a percentage of the pot sales cover your losses and allow you to increase the purse!!

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #10 10/3/22 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote:
There you go! Sell pot at your concession stands and have a band playing next to the concession stand for the stoners to gaze at and stay away from the normal people in the grandstands! Increased ticket sales and a percentage of the pot sales cover your losses and allow you to increase the purse!!
LOL, good idea. Here is a funny thing about the festival. There were no pot sales on the grounds. But they were supplying shuttles back and forth for anyone who wanted to buy pot from the dispensaries in town. The town is loaded () with pot dispensaries.
2 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner