IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
767 (Offline)
  #51 10/3/22 8:07 AM
Originally Posted by Hubie48:
"wingless is even a smaller slice of the pie"

Which is why this "World on Inlaws" series scares Me..... non wing racing is really small. I have meet younger fans who did not even realize there was such a thing as Non Wing Sprint Car Racing!!!

that's crazy. Then back up 60 years when Sprints only ran on half miles..... you don't have to go back very far. I'm not going to drop names but I know a bunch of guys who are 70+ who raced..... they call everything in Indiana a "Midget Track"
honestly I had no clue how small wingless sprint car racing was until I got Flo. Just like our racing audience. I watch alot of replays during the week. Unless it is a big race, you are lucky to see stands anywhere close to half full. Bowman Gray is probably the most consistent with great crowds, but I even seen races only about half full there this season. It is good to see more adverting starting to pop up. That means the corporate world is starting to take notice (by the way I'm not talking about the racing industry commercials). 1 thing many forget about. Flo is a business not a charity. Goal number 1 is to make money. Just like all of our own personal businesses. I think we are about 5 years from knowing if streaming is helping or hurting the sport.
3 Likes: Blitzman, flagboy55, Hubie48
Therealether (Offline)
  #52 10/3/22 9:41 AM
I also know this to be the case down here in Florida with the Southern Sprint Car series. The tracks don't pay them a sanction fee, they just pay the purse.
And I think all the streaming hoopla would die down if they were tape delayed- give folks a reason to go to the track. Streaming is changing business models everywhere. Look at Spotify. It's a great way to get in front of an audience, but you make squat. Same with digital downloads. Racing just has to adapt.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #53 10/3/22 2:13 PM
Why would FLO feel the need to disclose their financials? If you hire me and I charge you X numbers of dollars, it is none of your business what I collect as profit or what I pay my employees. I believe you agreed to the terms. Perris need to adjust to times.
4 Likes: Blitzman, JMA1181, OnTheHammer, tirespinner
JMA1181 (Offline)
  #54 10/3/22 6:05 PM
Didn’t Perris do a blackout on their programs within a certain amount of miles?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #55 10/3/22 7:15 PM
I’ve seen the topic of blackouts brought up but too my knowledge have not yet been applied. Maybe someone else can correct me?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #56 10/3/22 9:43 PM
Originally Posted by JMA1181:
Didn’t Perris do a blackout on their programs within a certain amount of miles?
Think they did when Loudpeddal or the Cushion did Ovals, some others did too.

Charles Nungester
Jonr (Offline)
  #57 10/5/22 9:20 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Think they did when Loudpeddal or the Cushion did Ovals, some others did too.
With a VPN solution you can get around black out restrictions. Many people are using it to get around Bally Sports.

https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/how-t...from-anywhere/