Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Again
10/2/22, 8:18 PM   #11
Re: Paragon Again
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

[quote=yeleyfan76;558245][QUOTE=Charles Nungester

Two words. Suck it. I don't get on your track and bash it to helll. Go back to your pacifier and suck, suck suck

Was hoping for more intelligent rhetoric than this. Oh well.[/quote]

Sorry I allowed myself to be brought down to your level. It reminds me of a guy on Hoseheads who bashes everything about Port Royal. Yet most of what I've seen of Port makes me want to go there more than anywhere else.

In five years when half the tracks you go to or watch ain't racing anymore, I'll think of you and say. Gee, If only he'd of said one nice thing.....

10/2/22, 11:29 PM   #12
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Well Chuck at least he didn’t give ya the your #1 emoji.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
10/3/22, 9:38 AM   #13
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
I, for one, am tickled Paragon’s season is over. Stops the bellyaching. Some won’t be satisfied until they have two or three tracks left to attend, then they will start threads wondering why so many tracks are shut down.
Yep, and another one may be biting the dust this year-promoter at E. Moline said he was done. I30 held its last race this weekend.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/3/22, 9:55 AM   #14
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Good to hear you feel better. If as you say the trend has continued, then let’s advocate it to be the norm. Might help get more folks in the seats and get these guys more money.
Actually, I feel like this has been a trend the last 5 years or so. I can only think of one time this year that I thought the show dragged on. The 4 Crown has gotten to where they run it off quick for as much as they have racing. I was very happy with how they ran the show off. Almost no down time, kept the show moving. Not like the old days when they would water 4 times a night, and it would get more dusty.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish, tirespinner
10/3/22, 10:54 AM   #15
nodramazone20

Paragon is what it is....They choose to run 5 and 6 classes on a consistent basis....been that way for awhile now....I choose not to go there because of this....Maybe they can change this for 2023 and the future. The track can be really good with a little work and less cars. Now the Lawrenceburg situation is frustrating. I have been critical of the track over the years...So much so, they blocked me on Twitter for bashing the track years ago. Saturday was a much better track even with all the dust and rocks, with the groove right on the fence. What I cant understand is why cant you sell tickets in a timely fashion so patrons do not miss Hot Laps and or Quals???....They just don't seem to be very fan friendly??? And I have found out that the Promoter is not very welcoming of Drivers and T Shirt Trailers??.....There is always an exception to this, Woo race being an example.....If I am off base, let me know.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, fishnman, tirespinner
10/3/22, 11:26 AM   #16
erich45

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
Yep, and another one may be biting the dust this year-promoter at E. Moline said he was done. I30 held its last race this weekend.
USA Raceway in Tucson was recently sold to a developer of commercial/industrial properties. There hasn't been any racing there in 6 or 7 years, but we still had hope.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
10/3/22, 12:42 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodramazone20 View Post
Paragon is what it is....They choose to run 5 and 6 classes on a consistent basis....been that way for awhile now....I choose not to go there because of this....Maybe they can change this for 2023 and the future. The track can be really good with a little work and less cars. Now the Lawrenceburg situation is frustrating. I have been critical of the track over the years...So much so, they blocked me on Twitter for bashing the track years ago. Saturday was a much better track even with all the dust and rocks, with the groove right on the fence. What I cant understand is why cant you sell tickets in a timely fashion so patrons do not miss Hot Laps and or Quals???....They just don't seem to be very fan friendly??? And I have found out that the Promoter is not very welcoming of Drivers and T Shirt Trailers??.....There is always an exception to this, Woo race being an example.....If I am off base, let me know.
I agree on the front gate. either needs sped up or a handicap quick lane. (Uncle 83) was lucky enough to have a couple wave him up at Gaines race or he said he probably wouldn't have made the fourty minute line)
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/3/22 at 12:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: Ilovedirttrackracing
10/3/22, 4:20 PM   #18
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodramazone20 View Post
For what it’s worth, one of the owners responded to a comment of mine on Facebook saying he “will not have more than 4 classes in a night next year”. Which is welcomed news.

10/3/22, 6:33 PM   #19
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
For what it’s worth, one of the owners responded to a comment of mine on Facebook saying he “will not have more than 4 classes in a night next year”. Which is welcomed news.
I give them a little bit of a break with it being the first year. With only a few exceptions, I don't go to shows with more than 3 classes. I also don't go to shows with 2 classes that have to be pushed, if they add a third class.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, oppweld, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Again