IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FLO, Even I have a problem with this.
10/2/22, 12:52 PM   #41
Re: FLO, Even I have a problem with this.
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Tracks/promoters pay the purses. Not the sanctioning body.
That is not true. Tracks pay a fee to the sanctioning bodies who then write a check to the participants out of that fee. So if sanctioning bodies have money beyond that fee they can add it to the checks.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/2/22, 1:16 PM   #42
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray3 View Post
That is not true. Tracks pay a fee to the sanctioning bodies who then write a check to the participants out of that fee. So if sanctioning bodies have money beyond that fee they can add it to the checks.
Considering Richie WORKS for the sanctioning body I think I'll take his word over yours.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: Blitzman, fish, Ilovedirttrackracing
10/2/22, 1:43 PM   #43
TQ29m

Ray?Richie

10/2/22, 1:49 PM   #44
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Tracks/promoters pay the purses. Not the sanctioning body.
True A few grand is given to the sanctioning body to hold the race (Varies widely between sanctions) Unless the track is leased by the sanction or promotions group to hold a event.

10/2/22, 2:32 PM   #45
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Considering Richie WORKS for the sanctioning body I think I'll take his word over yours.
Yeah well Richie doesn't work on the business end of the sanctioning body. Ask the teams who signs the checks they receive. The track or the sanctioning body? On top of that the sanctioning body determines the minimum purse, not the tracks.
Last edited by Ray3; 10/2/22 at 2:37 PM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/2/22, 2:41 PM   #46
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray3 View Post
Yeah well Richie doesn't work on the business end of the sanctioning body. Ask the teams who signs the checks they receive. The track or the sanctioning body? On top of that the sanctioning body determines the minimum purse, not the tracks.
Yes, but tracks/promoters determine the size of the purse. USAC sets a minimum in order for an event to be put on their schedule, but there's nothing holding the promoter back from sending USAC a bigger check, as Lawrenceburg did yesterday, in order that the purse may be higher. The tracks/promoters pay the purses, period. Who distributes the funds is irrelevant.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, JakeCroxton, motorhead748
10/2/22, 2:58 PM   #47
chrismattlin

Believe it or not, USAC is recognized worldwide as a sanctioning body for legitimate international competitions. And along with that comes complying with internationally accepted codes and bylaws. There is a standard way of running a motorsports sanctioning entity as set out by the FIA via ACCUS (look it up), and this includes the fact that the promoters/tracks pay the purses and, in the end, the sanctioning bodies distribute the funds. IndyCar does it this way, NASCAR does it this way, and so do the NHRA, IMSA, the SCCA, and our beloved USAC.

2 members like this post: fish, Therealether
10/2/22, 6:41 PM   #48
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
Believe it or not, USAC is recognized worldwide as a sanctioning body for legitimate international competitions. And along with that comes complying with internationally accepted codes and bylaws. There is a standard way of running a motorsports sanctioning entity as set out by the FIA via ACCUS (look it up), and this includes the fact that the promoters/tracks pay the purses and, in the end, the sanctioning bodies distribute the funds. IndyCar does it this way, NASCAR does it this way, and so do the NHRA, IMSA, the SCCA, and our beloved USAC.
And if USAC wanted to add to the purse from funds they receive from their contract with Flo Racing nothing is stopping them from doing that. They are not beholden to only the money received from the promoters. That is the point.
Last edited by Ray3; 10/2/22 at 6:42 PM.

3 members like this post: erich45, Hubie48, PIT CART
10/2/22, 11:32 PM   #49
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

I got some hard numbers. Before Flo I went to 56 races in 2018 and 69 races in 2019, an average of 62 races per year. I got Flo in 2020 and went to 28 races, 2021 40 races, and 2022 28 races; 96 races in 3 years, or an average of 32 per year. I went from 62 per year to 32 per year, so my attendance decreased by 30 races or about half. I spend about $30 each time I go to the track, so tracks are losing $900 per year on just me. It ain't just gas, if there is a chance of rain and it's far away, I don't go any more. I basically don't go unless the weather is good enough to ride my motorcycle and save on gas too.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, PIT CART
10/3/22, 5:43 AM   #50
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolph View Post
I got some hard numbers. Before Flo I went to 56 races in 2018 and 69 races in 2019, an average of 62 races per year. I got Flo in 2020 and went to 28 races, 2021 40 races, and 2022 28 races; 96 races in 3 years, or an average of 32 per year. I went from 62 per year to 32 per year, so my attendance decreased by 30 races or about half. I spend about $30 each time I go to the track, so tracks are losing $900 per year on just me. It ain't just gas, if there is a chance of rain and it's far away, I don't go any more. I basically don't go unless the weather is good enough to ride my motorcycle and save on gas too.

I used to go to between 80 and 100 races per year. This year I have been to 4. Last year just 1. And I traveled beyond Indiana quite often. I doubt anyone stepped up to fill in my now missing attendance.

I dont have Flo though,nor any of the others. I always wanted to be there in person.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FLO, Even I have a problem with this.