IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute cooler policy
5/2/22, 1:09 AM   #21
Re: Terre Haute cooler policy
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
When was the last time you attended a professional sports event, concert, play, movie, etc. and were allowed to bring in your own food and drink.
Actually last week at Haubstadt for WoO. Went to Bristol motor speedway for many years and you could bring a cooler of beer in. Haubstadt allows coolers with beer, Bloomington the same. Haven’t been to IRP in a few years, but you could bring in a cooler there. Nashville fairgrounds same. LPS will let you bring in food and drink just not beer. You asked, so there ya go.
Last edited by Chief Wahoo; 5/2/22 at 1:15 AM.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, racenut69
5/2/22, 1:10 AM   #22
racefan20

Quote:
When was the last time you attended a professional sports event, concert, play, movie, etc. and were allowed to bring in your own food and drink.
Well as many times as I go to Bloomington or LPS for a start. So 3 times already this year.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, ISF, luckybuc97, racenut69
5/2/22, 3:43 AM   #23
jdull99

I'm about the cheapest guy around, but the most I'll do is carry a bottled water til the gate and if I need to throw it out I will; otherwise I'll finish it and buy a few things from the event...thats all part of the fun in attending something as far as I'm concerned (what they have at the concession stand). Some places even offer a deal late in the day, if you are trying to save money...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, John P Huss, Midget98, Oleman61x, rpmracin, TNRustler
5/2/22, 10:24 AM   #24
ThrowbackRacingTeam

They should have been more clear about coolers allowed in the infield. The problem is, Indiana race tracks are know for allowing coolers and so did THAT until yesterday which rubs people the wrong way. Personally I’m fine with it since none of the tracks in my area allow coolers.

5/2/22, 10:58 AM   #25
oldfan49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
No COOLERS will probably have a direct impact on their infield clientele.
That has always been part of the culture there. Bring the whole family to infield for a picnic day with food and drink. Guess those days are gone.
http://www.thactiontrack.com/racedayinfo/

5/2/22, 12:39 PM   #26
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan49 View Post
Dear Old..........Need to follow along with complete post,as that was not the case earlier in the day. But Thanks Anyway!

5/2/22, 1:13 PM   #27
IndyRaceParts

Sorry for all the miscommunication between all parties on this issue. It will be addressed better at the next event. Sorry for the inconvenience & headache that it caused

5/2/22, 5:01 PM   #28
captrat

[QUOTE=Chief Wahoo;551668]Actually last week at Haubstadt for WoO. Went to Bristol motor speedway for many years and you could bring a cooler of beer in. Haubstadt allows coolers with beer, Bloomington the same. Haven’t been to IRP in a few years, but you could bring in a cooler there. Nashville fairgrounds same. LPS will let you bring in food and drink just not beer. You asked, so there ya go.[/QUOT

What you said is correct, but I still believe the race tracks around Indiana are unique. Almost any other entertainment venue in today's world does not allow such a thing, that is why I mentioned other examples.

5/2/22, 6:51 PM   #29
jonboat15

[quote=captrat;551700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Actually last week at Haubstadt for WoO. Went to Bristol motor speedway for many years and you could bring a cooler of beer in. Haubstadt allows coolers with beer, Bloomington the same. Haven’t been to IRP in a few years, but you could bring in a cooler there. Nashville fairgrounds same. LPS will let you bring in food and drink just not beer. You asked, so there ya go.[/QUOT

What you said is correct, but I still believe the race tracks around Indiana are unique. Almost any other entertainment venue in today's world does not allow such a thing, that is why I mentioned other examples.
Been to PA much ? Maybe we shouldn't be included in today's world, we might not deserve it.

5/2/22, 6:54 PM   #30
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Every race track I go to here in Pa and NJ you can bring coolers with food and soda, beer, water or whatever you like. The question is if now you are separating these racing events from being professional sports events.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute cooler policy