IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J.J.Yeley
4/18/22, 10:46 AM   #1
J.J.Yeley
toprowjim

I was amazed the announcers on Sunday's broadcast actually mentioned JJ. I know he's never won a NASCAR race but is running almost every week in at least one of the three major series. They usually ignore him unless he is involved in a crash. I would think JJ has made a decent living for his family through the years/ he deserves credit.

4/18/22, 11:00 AM   #2
Re: J.J.Yeley
jdull99

I'll agree with it all, but I do think he gets mentioned (maybe cuz I listen to the radio more). He actly wasnt far out from the "playoff cutoff spot" in the Xfinity series a couple weeks ago (has fallen back to 21st in points now tho). Funny thing, over the wknd, Fs1 re-aired the 07 Bristol race; and JJ was in the 18 Cup car...I always say he got it ready for Kyle B to take over...lol. (I think JJ was just another one they rushed up to soon...another year or two in xfinity before goin to Cup I think woulda helped...I fully expected him to be the next Jeff Gordon/Tony Stewart...)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

4/18/22, 11:09 PM   #3
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
I fully expected him to be the next Jeff Gordon/Tony Stewart...)
I did too, but SOMETIMES, a guy just isn't as good in one type of car as he needs to be.....

1 member likes this post: jdull99
4/19/22, 1:34 AM   #4
jdull99

I think this new Cup car will suite him well. Hopefully he gets more shots in the Rick Ware ride, which is affiliated with Stewart Haas sometimes now...I say next year, Harvick (who does nthn but complain about this dirt race) should sit it out & JJ hops in the #4!!!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

5 members like this post: Blackduce, Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Puppy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J.J.Yeley