IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Grants crossovers
8/27/21, 10:17 PM   #1
Grants crossovers
Longtime sprinter

I’ll be dam if I’d back off when Grant crossed over and doesn’t really have the room to clear me. His ass would be in the wall.

5 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, illinifan, streetglider, tirespinner, TNRustler
8/27/21, 11:05 PM   #2
cl124

Yep. Just another day at the office for grant. Dirty slider after dirty slider. A couple were clean but when he doesn’t clear and doesn’t check it’s not. And it’s definitely not when you cross in front of a guy and slam the brakes before the middle of the turn.

3 members like this post: illinifan, spicoli, tirespinner
8/27/21, 11:44 PM   #3
flagboy55

So you would jeopardize taking yourself out as well? Both of those guys are Pro’s. They know when to give and when not to

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, Puppy, treecitytornado
8/27/21, 11:52 PM   #4
Re: Grants crossovers
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

I’m a Cummins fan first and foremost. I personally didn’t see anything wrong with the way those 2 were racing. Kyle just couldn’t turn underneath Grant in 2, like he had before, which allowed Grant to take off. Seen a lot of Windom/Questionable sliders by Grant ( cough/cough Critter and Grant at TSS ), but to me this just doesn’t seem bad.

8/28/21, 12:06 AM   #5
Tumey's 55

Everyone there new slide jobs were coming, including Cummins. Kyle didn’t seem to have a problem with it he just couldn’t counter the last one.

8/28/21, 12:16 AM   #6
flagboy55

Very well said 55

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/28/21, 12:25 AM   #7
JarrettFarms73

i think it depends what a person thinks a good slider is. If you believe clearing the car without making side contact with the right rear is ok then all of those were clean as a whistle. If you believe a slider breaking the others momentum constitutes a dirty slider, you probably hated a couple of those.

Heck of a race. Glad i’m getting to see Cummins more and more here at kokomo. Dude is just plain fast.

5 members like this post: Big Mike 7, chrismattlin, Hubie48, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
8/28/21, 2:30 AM   #8
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
If you believe a slider breaking the others momentum constitutes a dirty slider, you probably hated a couple of those.
By the time a guy is under you and ahead of you, albeit lower than you are on the track, and sliding up to land if front of you it's just as much your responsibility to not run into him. Your "momentum" has nothing to do with it!!!

5 members like this post: 55fan, chrismattlin, JarrettFarms73, Jim Gardner, tirespinner
8/28/21, 5:13 AM   #9
Hubie48

Sprint cars on a Midget track (which is the new normal) Great racing? It was better than most due to the talent in the cockpit. It's the getting on the brakes to avoid contact that draws ire. Both these guys know the game and Grant said as much. Not only is Cummings a fine racer, he can be quite diplomatic.

5 members like this post: dirt330, JarrettFarms73, sw1911, tamati, tirespinner
8/28/21, 9:20 AM   #10
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
Sprint cars on a Midget track (which is the new normal) Great racing? It was better than most due to the talent in the cockpit. It's the getting on the brakes to avoid contact that draws ire. Both these guys know the game and Grant said as much. Not only is Cummings a fine racer, he can be quite diplomatic.
Kokomo is primarily a sprint car track, even when midgets are there, they run a sprint car feature.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Grants crossovers