IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 500
6/1/21, 10:04 PM   #31
Re: 500
jdull99

It is a shame Will Power's "5G" Verizon car isn't a #5!!! THAT was about the ONLY car with a number on it you could see...& it doesn't apply! lol. Foyt's #1 for JR Hilderbrand stood out too...otherwise, all I can suggest, gota have the biggest HD TV you can come around, and its pretty clear...not 100% tho...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
6/2/21, 2:37 PM   #32
jdull99

https://racer.com/2021/06/02/indy-50...s-5-year-high/

The Coke 600 (LOADED with current and former SC&M drivers...including one who WAXED the field) came in at a 2.3 rating and 4.06 million (so Indy was better)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, ronmil
6/2/21, 3:54 PM   #33
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Ever since they went to a rear wing that has no end plates of any size it's been dam near impossible to distinguish a number on the cars when watching in person. Unless you know exactly what the markings of the cars are it's very hard to figure out who's who. I really believe that situation is somewhat detrimental to the whole spectator experience when they are racing on a high speed oval. I've never attended a race contested on a course comprised of urban thoroughfares but I imagine seeing the numbers is not nearly as much of a chore since the speeds are akin to everyday pizza delivery cars driven by aggressive young entrepreneurs which makes the numbers more easily distinguished.

Maybe there is a paragraph or two in the White Papers dedicated to this malady. If so I wish they'd enact the remedy.
Hey here are a bunch of pizza delivery guys for ya....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA4rHGXXV-M

No really I don't get race fans sometimes. Complain complain.... What ever happened to the good ole saying? "A bad day at the races is better than a good day at work?"
"not enough passing", "Cars are too fast", "the track isn't EXACTLY like Kokomo!!!" "The drivers didn't all come from Putnamville or Bloomimngton"....
Last edited by Puppy; 6/2/21 at 3:59 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 500