IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Youtube- first time ever in a race car
7/22/08, 2:14 PM   #1
Youtube- first time ever in a race car
cecil98

I know you car owners and drivers have all experienced either giving someone their first shot at a race car or, your first shot as a driver but, have any of you fans up in the grandstands ever wondered what kind of reaction one has the first time they ever drive a race car? Especially, if the first race car you drive is a sprint car? In October 2005, Brett Stevens got his chance to drive a race car for the first time ever! Funfest is a great time to give someone that opportunity because the track is very slow and smooth. We stuck him on the tail of the C-main at Lawrenceburg Speedway's FunFest with no practice time at all. His reaction after it's over says it all! BE SURE TO TURN UP THE SOUND WHEN HE GETS BACK TO THE TRAILER (video just under 6min)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hgKKrw6Wvlo

7/22/08, 3:06 PM   #2
Re: Youtube- first time ever in a race car
Speedracer

That video was pretty cool. Wish I can experience that one day.

7/23/08, 8:01 AM   #3
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer View Post
That video was pretty cool. Wish I can experience that one day.
Matt, don't quit dreaming and don't quit trying. I was 27 before I ever got a chance to fire up and race a sprint car!

7/23/08, 8:11 AM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I might attend Fun Fest, If I can drive the sprint car J/K

Thanks for posting that Craig, I've never driven a sprinter, I've warmed up a late model and driven three heats in a bomber. That first race I was in was so exciting, Your right, nothing quite matches it cept maybe a FA-18 ride for shear thrill.

I got out and I was shaking uncontrollablly and has a smile on my face that nothing would have removed. The second and third times were awesome as well but the initial fear was gone, The adrenaline remained.

Chuck

7/23/08, 10:52 AM   #5
curly

you tell it was his first time he forgot to put on the headsock before putting his helmet on NERVES MAYBE

7/23/08, 11:24 AM   #6
Phylo82

What is the schedule for Funfest? Any idea what goes on?

We have another racing conflict and are trying to decide what to attend on those dates.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

7/23/08, 12:27 PM   #7
highbanks

Craig: I have enjoyed your videos, I remeber teaching Brett back in the 8th grade. Good Stuff!! Mick

7/23/08, 1:39 PM   #8
Brolzy

I remember when KO got his first ride in a sprint car...that was one of my favorite columns of his. As a Hoseheads colleague, I was jealous. Now that I'm in the sports car media, I've gotten to take a ride-along hot lap at Mid-Ohio, and that was incredible in itself; I couldn't imagine actually getting to drive.

7/23/08, 2:43 PM   #9
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by highbanks View Post
Craig: I have enjoyed your videos, I remeber teaching Brett back in the 8th grade. Good Stuff!! Mick
Thanks, Mick!! Somebody on here asked me to film the Hoffman Fish Fry and then sent me instructions on how to do the "youtube thing" so, I'm going through some older and newer videos, editing them down in time and posting them for the fun of it. Stay in touch, Mick! Craig

PS......I'm cecil3397 on youtube

7/23/08, 2:53 PM   #10
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylo82 View Post
What is the schedule for Funfest? Any idea what goes on?

We have another racing conflict and are trying to decide what to attend on those dates.
Phil I haven't checked out the schedule for Funfest yet. It might be on the L'Burg web-site.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Youtube- first time ever in a race car