IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Midget Series from ASCS and Hahn
6/28/08, 12:43 PM   #1
New Midget Series from ASCS and Hahn
okienonwingfan

I guess there is plans for the ASCS to have a midget class for the 09 season. I do not know much about it just what I have read on message boards.

"Yes it is going to happen. The cars will run a Chevrolet motor that is being fine tuned as we speak. All the motors can be purchased for under $10,000. If won't be like the Ford focus cars with very little power. These babies will hum. The series won't kick off until 2009. We look forward to having a bunch of the micro guys crossing over and buying midgets. This series will be nationwide not just in this region.
Stay tuned for further info." This came from Ton Hahn who I think is one of Emmett's son on a message board.

6/28/08, 1:25 PM   #2
Re: New Midget Series from ASCS and Hahn
Pat O'Connor Fan

Did you guys just hear a smack or slap sound ??
I'll bet it was some recums slamming shut over at USAC headquarters.

6/28/08, 1:28 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
Did you guys just hear a smack or slap sound ??
I'll bet it was some recums slamming shut over at USAC headquarters.
:O::rolling:applaud:

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/28/08, 6:46 PM   #4
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienonwingfan View Post
I guess there is plans for the ASCS to have a midget class for the 09 season. I do not know much about it just what I have read on message boards.

"Yes it is going to happen. The cars will run a Chevrolet motor that is being fine tuned as we speak. All the motors can be purchased for under $10,000. If won't be like the Ford focus cars with very little power. These babies will hum. The series won't kick off until 2009. We look forward to having a bunch of the micro guys crossing over and buying midgets. This series will be nationwide not just in this region.
Stay tuned for further info." This came from Ton Hahn who I think is one of Emmett's son on a message board.
Does that include $2500 worth of machine work for their ASCS Spec Head, like the Sprint series requires?
Emmett do me a favor, don't do me anymore favors!

6/29/08, 2:18 AM   #5
AlkyMadness

I know they said national, but given ASCS being headquartered in Oklahoma, I think this will cause more concern for POWERi than USAC.

If it brings more competitive dirt midget racing to some of the other areas that ASCS currently runs, great.

Now, if we could just get World Racing Group to announce the Non Wing World of Outlaws tour..............

6/29/08, 1:05 PM   #6
DonMoore10

At least someone is stepping out of the box for once.

Don Moore

6/30/08, 5:26 AM   #7
hoosierhillbilly

If it weren't confusing enough, don't forget about the Tobias Midget thing they run in the east

http://www.speedstr.biz/

6/30/08, 7:10 AM   #8
curly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
At least someone is stepping out of the box for once.

Don Moore
OK Don you got yours on order then....

6/30/08, 9:02 AM   #9
DonMoore10

I'm still clipping coupons here so I can keep up with the $2 million dollar midget teams running for $2500. :headbang

6/30/08, 11:20 AM   #10
Heromaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
I'm still clipping coupons here so I can keep up with the $2 million dollar midget teams running for $2500. :headbang
Word of advise, Don't worry about trying to run with the USAC teams. Race where you can and enjoy yourself. Don't go where you are unhappy and just complain. :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:head bang

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Midget Series from ASCS and Hahn