IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > richmond entries?
6/18/08, 7:57 PM   #1
richmond entries?
grinch

anyone have a idea who`s running in the silver crown race?

6/19/08, 4:59 PM   #2
Re: richmond entries?
racinstacie

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 64

The RW Motorsports team and drivers Jerry Coons Jr. & Mat Neely will be in Richmond next week!

Here's a few photos of the new beautiful pavement Silver Crown cars! Good luck team!
:checkered:

6/19/08, 6:04 PM   #3
grinch

2 good looking cars........nah great looking cars. good luck guys:checkered:

6/19/08, 7:29 PM   #4
Danny Burton

Stacie, those cars are almost as pretty as you are.:thumb

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

6/20/08, 9:19 AM   #5
IndyBound

Stacie the RW Motorsports cars are indeed beautiful.

Grinch, I heard a rumor yesterday that USAC is expecting 28 cars at Richmond. The first week of June there was a similar post on the IOW board asking who was going. From that post it appears the 6R Guys, Wilson Bros. Racing, Bowman Racing, RW Motorsports and SC96 were the only teams to have either the owner or someone else speak up for them to say they are going to Richmond. SC96 felt there will be 18 cars at Richmond.

May way of thinking maybe way off base, however the thing I can not understand is why aren't the car owners or a spokesman for them speaking out? The "traditional cars" are back, I feel USAC should be promoting this race with every thing they have. I also feel the car owners and teams have to promote themseleves even more than USAC should be promoting them, this race is a week away. Come on people jump on here an tell your fans if you plan to attend this race or not?

What will happend if USAC has a low SC car count at this race?

Todays economic crunch is being felt by all involved, race sactioning organizations, car owners/teams and the fans. People are finding they have fewer and fewer dollars to spend on entertainment, car owners your fans deserve to know if you are going to this race or not. Speak out!!!!!

While driving on the NY State Thruway this week, I made an observation, virtually no RV traffic on the 174 mile stretch of road I was traveling on Mon. & Wed.. You may ask yourself what does this have to do with the subject? Probably nothing & possibly everything, for many years we towed to the races with a motorhome which is probably why this observation jumped out at me. I could count the number of RV's I saw on this 348 mile trip on one hand and that spoke volumes to me about how much people are having to cut back on their normal activities, their travelling expenses and their entertainment budget to put food on their table and a roof over their head, let alone gas in the tank of their vehicle.

So, I guess in my way of thinking that observation does apply to this subject, each individual car owner has to promote the sport we all love more than they have ever had to before. So once again, car owners I say speak out. You may have a wide range of reasons why you will or will not be able to attend this race. Some reasons for not going that come to mind, no driver, no sponsor, no motor, poor health, injured driver, lack of funds, gas prices, etc.,etc.,etc.. Share with us what you can, a simple yes our team is going or no our team is not going should due.

Patti

6/20/08, 9:56 AM   #6
Honest-Sam

Bowman Racing is going. Eric will drive.

6/20/08, 10:03 AM   #7
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam View Post
Bowman Racing is going. Eric will drive.
Sprints and SC?

6/20/08, 11:00 AM   #8
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinstacie View Post
The RW Motorsports team and drivers Jerry Coons Jr. & Mat Neely will be in Richmond next week!

Here's a few photos of the new beautiful pavement Silver Crown cars! Good luck team!
:checkered:

Ah the way Silver Crown racing was intended.

6/20/08, 11:34 AM   #9
Honest-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Sprints and SC?

Nope. SC only this trip.

6/20/08, 1:48 PM   #10
curly

The Contos Team will be there with Shane Cottle with Silver Crown and Sprint Car.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > richmond entries?