IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Good Parents
7/6/14, 6:39 AM   #1
Good Parents
FEATHERDUSTER

When visiting your local race track this summer and you decide to bring your kids PLEASE do the following.

1. Bring hearing protection for them such as quality ear muffs.

2.bring eye protection for them in the form of good goggles or better yet ski goggles.

3. Last but not least bring the kids some toys to occupy their time, just because your enjoying the races doesn't mean they are.

4.Parents of newborn infants leave them at home a loud dirty sun baked race track is no place for infants and little kids.

Quit texting or talking on your phone and spend some quality time with your kids at a race track.

7/6/14, 8:08 AM   #2
Re: Good Parents
racer-x

I was at a track once when a lady(who couldn't speek English) thought intermission was a good time to change her youngsters diaper. No she didnt want to take the time to haul that kid to the clean bathroom. She whipped ol juniors drawers down right on the bleacher 2 feet next to me.

7/6/14, 8:48 AM   #3
monkeyboy

You guys are complaining about future fans. I know the racing was alright last night you guys are ******** about kids being at races. Probably the same crotchedy old men who yell at the neighbor kids too.

2 members like this post: billw, BrentTFunk
7/6/14, 8:54 AM   #4
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEATHERDUSTER View Post
When visiting your local race track this summer and you decide to bring your kids PLEASE do the following.

2.bring eye protection for them in the form of good goggles or better yet ski goggles.

3. Last but not least bring the kids some toys to occupy their time, just because your enjoying the races doesn't mean they are.

4.Parents of newborn infants leave them at home a loud dirty sun baked race track is no place for infants and little kids.

Quit texting or talking on your phone and spend some quality time with your kids at a race track.
If they would have stuck a pair of goggles and a pair of ear muffs on me, when I was a kid going to the track, I would have learned to hate going to the races. Thank God my parents didn't do that when I was growing up on the Paragon hillside or the infield at Terre Haute.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/6/14, 9:05 AM   #5
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
I was at a track once when a lady(who couldn't speek English) thought intermission was a good time to change her youngsters diaper. No she didnt want to take the time to haul that kid to the clean bathroom. She whipped ol juniors drawers down right on the bleacher 2 feet next to me.
Seriously? That is a bit ridiculous. I think your bias about someone not speaking English, is the reason you were offended. Do you really use sanitizer all around your seats when you to go to a race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
You guys are complaining about future fans. I know the racing was alright last night you guys are ******** about kids being at races. Probably the same crotchedy old men who yell at the neighbor kids too.
Your post might apply to racer-x but the original members comments are just basic parenting and said nothing about not taking kids to the races except for newborn infants, who have absolutely not a clue they're at a race. Common sense should kick in with newborns.

7/6/14, 9:34 AM   #6
Rpracing1

Bill,

Common sense does not exist anymore unfortunately.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, racenut69
7/6/14, 9:54 AM   #7
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Bill,

Common sense does not exist anymore unfortunately.
Some of us still use it... and I'm not changing.

7/6/14, 9:56 AM   #8
dirt330

Drunk fans ( big kids ) are the ones who need to be left home. They cause more problems than the kids. The sad part is most will be driving home from the track.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Nate, spicoli
7/6/14, 9:59 AM   #9
LittleRube

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEATHERDUSTER View Post

Guess I'm a bad parent with these guidelines. 9 months old and already been to 20 races.

7/6/14, 10:30 AM   #10
sprintracer82

I was three weeks old when I went to my first race. I also never wore eye or ear protection. I would have never went if I had to fuss with all that

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Good Parents