IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > History of San Jose Auto racing ,The book
1/26/10, 3:33 PM   #1
History of San Jose Auto racing ,The book
aXe

anyone seen this book yet?
aXe

here is where to find it,

For those interested in Sprint Car history, check out the just released "History of San Jose Auto Racing 1903-2007. It covers the history of Sprint Car (Big Car) , Super Modified, Roadster, Midget, etc. racing in San Jose, complete with standings, race winners, and track records. San Jose was always a hotbed of open wheel racing and it is all covered in this 288 page coffee table book. The highlight is the 725 photos, 280 in color. For more information, go to: www.historysanjoseautoracing.com/

I understand the forward was done by Joe Leonard, From early reports it is a great book. There are more tracks covered in it than San Jose.
aXe
Last edited by aXe; 1/26/10 at 3:46 PM.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
2/3/10, 9:59 PM   #2
Re: History of San Jose Auto racing ,The book
aXe

Well I got My copy. It has to be one of the best books in My collection now. If You raced in this country in the big time on ovals and won, You won out west if You won out west you more than likely won in the San Jose area.
There are quite few big name drivers from 1903 until 2007 that won out there and they are named in this book along with some great pictures.
If there ever was a collectiable book on Auto racing from out there this is the one to have.
aXe

2/4/10, 11:11 PM   #3
Re: History of San Jose Auto racing ,The book
LGCAFAN

I agree, this is a really beautiful book and well worth the price. I grew up in the San Jose area and this book really fills in the gaps in my racing knowledge. A great source of racing information and includes many black & white and color photos, racing posters, programs etc.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > History of San Jose Auto racing ,The book