IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ronmil (Offline)
  #1 4/24/21 2:39 PM
Just saw on tv that Chargin’ Charlie Glotzbach passed away at his home yesterday.

Ron Miller
3 Likes: EBookerFan, jim goerge, tirespinner
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #2 4/24/21 4:43 PM
Enjoyed watching him race back in the day. He had been retired for a number of years when he made a comeback in ARCA driving for Floyd Garrett, who owns a vey nice muscle car museum in Seiverville, TN.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
5 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97, ronmil, tirespinner, TQ29m
Vertigo (Offline)
  #3 4/24/21 6:23 PM
One of the all-time best racing nicknames. Runner-up at the Daytona 500 twice. The most successful Hoosier during the golden age of NASCAR.

Nice guy too. RIP
7 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, luckybuc97, Owen, PJ Wright, ronmil, tirespinner
ronmil (Offline)
  #4 4/24/21 6:25 PM
Originally Posted by PJ Wright:
Enjoyed watching him race back in the day. He had been retired for a number of years when he made a comeback in ARCA driving for Floyd Garrett, who owns a vey nice muscle car museum in Seiverville, TN.
I have been to that museum, and yes it is very nice. I believe that Floyd mentioned he was from New Albany, IN when I was there.

Ron Miller
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, PJ Wright, tirespinner
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #5 4/25/21 3:25 PM
I'd mention that Darel Dieringer wasn't too shabby either.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
2 Likes: ronmil, tirespinner
ronmil (Offline)
  #6 4/25/21 8:27 PM
Originally Posted by Danny Burton:
I'd mention that Darel Dieringer wasn't too shabby either.
I had a lengthy conversation with Darel in 1964 when he was at a Nashville, TN dealership with his Mercury doing a promotion for his car make.

Ron Miller