IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
7horse (Offline)
  #21 3/28/19 8:59 AM
Originally Posted by superstock30:
1951 would've been the Milan championship. The last true small school champ. The movie Hoosiers was loosely based on that team.
Next time you get to the Indy area you need to eat at Booby Plump's "last shot" resturant. He was the star of the 51 team and runs a resturant in the Indy area. VERY nice guy! Last I heard he was still there almost every day and loves to talk to visitors at his joint.
Milan won it in 1954.
superstock30 (Offline)
  #22 3/28/19 4:58 PM
Thanks for the correction. I've watched Hoosiers too many times! The movie is set in 1951. lol
revjimk (Offline)
  #23 3/28/19 6:25 PM
Originally Posted by tdt636:
Ballou is the Chuck Norris of sprintcar racing
I'm gonna guess Chuck can't hoop worth a damn.....
revjimk (Offline)
  #24 3/28/19 6:27 PM
Originally Posted by superstock30:
1954 would've been the Milan championship. The last true small school champ. The movie Hoosiers was loosely based on that team.
Next time you get to the Indy area you need to eat at Booby Plump's "last shot" resturant. He was the star of the 54 team and runs a resturant in the Indy area. VERY nice guy! Last I heard he was still there almost every day and loves to talk to visitors at his joint.
Thanks for the tip.... but the BIG question: how's the food?
When Charles Barkley opens a rib joint, I'm there!!!
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #25 3/30/19 5:13 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
I stop at lots of little museums. I had a GREAT time at Indiana HS hoops museum in New Castle! Its a circular tour, they start you off in a little theater & show a film about Hoosier ball. I was the only person watching....a little old man was up on a ladder fixing something & came down when they showed 1951 (?) HS Champs: "See that guy in the back row? Thats me!" He then proceeded to give me the ultimate guided tour, wouldn't stop talking (a Hoosier Dick Vitale? ) Gotta luv the enthusiasm!
Jimmy Rayl & Ray Peavey! (SP?)
That place is just awesome. Anyone who went to a small high school, or just a school with a quirky gym, needs to check that museum out.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #26 3/30/19 7:04 PM
Milan is about 20 miles from the burg area. They have a museum in the town that has stuff from the 1954 championship.
2 Likes: jim goerge, oppweld
jim goerge (Offline)
  #27 3/31/19 7:45 PM
GOOD BYE Kentucky, GOOD BYE Duke LOL GO MICHIGAN STATE
3 Likes: dirt330, team3521, WinglessLovers
revjimk (Offline)
  #28 3/31/19 11:21 PM
This was one of the best weekends of hoops I've seen in my 50 plus years of watching. Sweet 16 was great, Elite 8 was amazing.... every game this weekend was close fought, & none of them were decided by bad calls or dumb plays. All the teams deserved to win! I don't even care much who wins.....
From Lou Carnesecca, longtime coach at St. John's (2 blocks from where I grew up in Queens, NY): "Life is good. basketball is better"
2 Likes: jim goerge, oppweld
revjimk (Offline)
  #29 3/31/19 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by illiNOISE:
That place is just awesome. Anyone who went to a small high school, or just a school with a quirky gym, needs to check that museum out.
I don't know how big the HS in New Castle is, but they have the biggest HS gym in the world!
revjimk (Offline)
  #30 4/1/19 6:15 PM
Mich. State & Virginia appear to be the 2 best teams, but is Auburn "the team of destiny" after defeating legendary dynasties Kansas, North Carolina & Kentucky?
Or does that mean Texas Tech is gonna win?
I luv this tournament!
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, oppweld