IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This scares me.
7/28/09, 3:02 PM   #1
This scares me.
Dyno Don

After reading this and knowing Mr. Allison's past, I hope he is not setting Joe Spiker up for scam.

It seems to me that one little flaw in Mr. Spikers operation of the track and it goes bact to DA.

I can see DA letting Mr. Spiker clean up and repair the track and then use a minor clause to take the track back.

Maybe I am paranoid, but I do not trust DA.

July 4, 2009

Letter to Employees, Racers, and Fans

I have leased the track to Joe Spiker the individual. Joe Spiker Promotions will be running the track for the next five years with an option to run it five additional years if both parties agree. I am still the legal owner of the facility. All employees of Lincoln Park Speedway will stay in place with no planned changes by Joe Spiker. Just like when I purchased the track from Bill Hopton, Joe will make employment decisions based on each individual’s performance. The thirteen page lease agreement has numerous assurances for issues like “must use the name Lincoln Park Speedway” and “Lincoln Park Speedway must be operated on Saturday nights every April thru September for the term of the lease” and on and on……... To the racer and the fan they should see no change other than proposed capital improvements by Joe Spiker. This thirteen page document is a lease agreement only! As always, any of the real estate investments in my portfolio are for sale, if an agreed price can be negotiated. So don’t forget even you could own Lincoln Park Speedway tomorrow and be Joe Spikers new landlord. This lease as in all of my lease contracts would give the leasee (Joe Spiker) the right to match any accepted offer of purchase.

I have casually known Joe for five years and have gotten to know him quite well over the last three months while we have worked this deal out. I am confident that he will be an asset to the speedway. I hope all concerned will see this as a positive or at least with an open mind. I look forward to seeing you next Saturday July 11th for our Fireworks show and some great racing. I’m sure Joe will stop by to meet his soon to be new employees on a one to one basis. Myself and my family will be hanging around for a few weeks to help Joe in any way we can.

Sincerely,

Dave Allison

7/28/09, 3:54 PM   #2
Re: This scares me.
SprintManDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
After reading this and knowing Mr. Allison's past, I hope he is not setting Joe Spiker up for scam.

It seems to me that one little flaw in Mr. Spikers operation of the track and it goes bact to DA.

I can see DA letting Mr. Spiker clean up and repair the track and then use a minor clause to take the track back.

Maybe I am paranoid, but I do not trust DA.

July 4, 2009

Letter to Employees, Racers, and Fans

I have leased the track to Joe Spiker the individual. Joe Spiker Promotions will be running the track for the next five years with an option to run it five additional years if both parties agree. I am still the legal owner of the facility. All employees of Lincoln Park Speedway will stay in place with no planned changes by Joe Spiker. Just like when I purchased the track from Bill Hopton, Joe will make employment decisions based on each individual’s performance. The thirteen page lease agreement has numerous assurances for issues like “must use the name Lincoln Park Speedway” and “Lincoln Park Speedway must be operated on Saturday nights every April thru September for the term of the lease” and on and on……... To the racer and the fan they should see no change other than proposed capital improvements by Joe Spiker. This thirteen page document is a lease agreement only! As always, any of the real estate investments in my portfolio are for sale, if an agreed price can be negotiated. So don’t forget even you could own Lincoln Park Speedway tomorrow and be Joe Spikers new landlord. This lease as in all of my lease contracts would give the leasee (Joe Spiker) the right to match any accepted offer of purchase.

I have casually known Joe for five years and have gotten to know him quite well over the last three months while we have worked this deal out. I am confident that he will be an asset to the speedway. I hope all concerned will see this as a positive or at least with an open mind. I look forward to seeing you next Saturday July 11th for our Fireworks show and some great racing. I’m sure Joe will stop by to meet his soon to be new employees on a one to one basis. Myself and my family will be hanging around for a few weeks to help Joe in any way we can.

Sincerely,

Dave Allison
I'M with you on that DynoDon. Allison is not to be trusted.

7/28/09, 4:02 PM   #3
racefan20

Hmmm I was planning on going there Saturday but if he will be "hanging around a couple weeks" I may wait a "couple weeks" before I go there.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/28/09, 4:09 PM   #4
D.O.

That was posted the day Spiker Promotions annouced offically their take over.

Don't worry about ole DA anymore.

Support the new group.

Go check it out and if you don't like it then make your post.

I think you will get a surprise.

7/28/09, 4:24 PM   #5
SprintManDave

I hope you are right Dan. I want it to succeed as much as anyone.

7/28/09, 7:06 PM   #6
GregD

Now that we know that LPS is still own by DA, and just leased to Mr. Spiker, why would that make you would to go? As long as DA owns the track I will not be going. There are a lot of good tracks with good owners/ operators, support them and keep your money out of DA's hands.

7/28/09, 7:32 PM   #7
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

I;m with you racefan20, ill wait till i here that DA is no where to be seen. Hope its after the 1st race . love the racin there.we will see.

7/28/09, 8:17 PM   #8
D.O.

DA is connected to North Vernon and has anybody had any problems there this year?
DA got his last race in so expect him to be gone from LPS.

ps - They completely cleaned & replumbed the restrooms, mowed and trim and cleared fence lines and re graded the track 3 times already plus rebuilt and clean the food areas.
So I guess take your chances of seeing DA on the grounds.
Last edited by D.O.; 7/28/09 at 8:21 PM.

7/28/09, 8:44 PM   #9
GOFOBROKE

I understand your position, but it is a lease with the option to buy....With that being said, everyone that shows up is putting their money toward Spiker being able to purchase the track....If you stay away you are keeping him from affording it, therefore you are not hurting Dave Allison, you are hurting Joe Spiker.....

With that out of the way, it will be good to see the Clash this weekend!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
Now that we know that LPS is still own by DA, and just leased to Mr. Spiker, why would that make you would to go? As long as DA owns the track I will not be going. There are a lot of good tracks with good owners/ operators, support them and keep your money out of DA's hands.

2 members like this post: Bill Gardner, buck2
7/28/09, 9:01 PM   #10
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Hmmm I was planning on going there Saturday but if he will be "hanging around a couple weeks" I may wait a "couple weeks" before I go there.
John, I understand your concern as well as Mowermans,however I will be at TSS this Saturday, which is way out of your 'area' of travel.If I didn't have plans for TSS this weekend,I would give LPS/ Joe Spiker the benefit of the doubt and attend the clash, with what he has done at VCS this year hopefully LPS has and will continue to improve.JMO

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This scares me.