IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Ray3 (Offline)
  #11 11/26/20 11:47 AM
I always enjoyed Limaland in Lima, OH. Great facility for Midgets.
2 Likes: PIT CART, PJ Wright
Pitdad (Offline)
  #12 11/26/20 7:29 PM
Originally Posted by Ray3:
I always enjoyed Limaland in Lima, OH. Great facility for Midgets.
Suits me! That's only a 6 hour tow.

We'll start saving up now for a rig that can make it that far!
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing
snowdrift (Offline)
  #13 11/26/20 8:54 PM
Do a double header limaland and gas city
4 Likes: cornerthree, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, PIT CART
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #14 11/27/20 5:06 PM
Originally Posted by Pitdad:
Suits me! That's only a 6 hour tow.

We'll start saving up now for a rig that can make it that far!
Limaland might, I doubt Waynesfield though, I may be wrong. I heard Waynesfield wants to stick with the D2 series for midgets. Only reason I was told Limaland wanted anything to do with midgets is the Mike Streicher Memorial race with D2's.

If done right which I don't know if they'd all agree, is partner with the USAC D2 series, Midwest Thunder Midgets.
Get really good payout. 2 Day show Friday Lima, Saturday Waynesfield. Tracks are only 25 miles apart with Lima, being the middle with lots of hotels. Then bring BMRA, ARDC and MTM and bring 60+ cars. The last MTM D2 race they had at Waynesfield in October 2019 on a 30 degree night there was 28-30 cars.

Corky
Jonr (Offline)
  #15 11/27/20 6:08 PM
I am glad that ARDC is working on their costs, but this talk of a co-sanction show makes no sense. Badger is not a national series. ARDC is not a national series. They are both regional series that should work to make racing in their region stronger. The idea to tow 8 hours away for a weekend series does not make any sense. If you are going to be cost conscious be cost conscious. However, when you decide you want to take your $150,000 tow rig 8 hours away, you have lost the argument about being cost conscious.
3 Likes: billw, captrat, PIT CART
Pitdad (Offline)
  #16 11/27/20 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jonr:
I am glad that ARDC is working on their costs, but this talk of a co-sanction show makes no sense. Badger is not a national series. ARDC is not a national series. They are both regional series that should work to make racing in their region stronger. The idea to tow 8 hours away for a weekend series does not make any sense. If you are going to be cost conscious be cost conscious. However, when you decide you want to take your $150,000 tow rig 8 hours away, you have lost the argument about being cost conscious.
I agree. My comments were meant jokingly. We don't need to be traveling 8 hours, or even 5 hours, and neither do they. We have plenty of opportunities to race within 4 hours of Sun Prairie, in keeping with the scheduling strategy of the Club.

But maybe someday... 2.4L Nationals!
4 Likes: erich45, i love dirt track racing, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema
Jonr (Offline)
  #17 11/28/20 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Pitdad:
......But maybe someday... 2.4L Nationals!
Only makes sense to have it at the Prairie. If it happens, I will go back for it. Loved going to that track.