IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
kinser (Offline)
  #1 7/17/21 12:33 PM
How many other owners/drivers/mechanics would like to be able to run something besides Hoosier tires at the local tracks ??
16 Likes: Black Deuce, Buster51, Charles Nungester, dirtguy34, Dougherty20, i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, JWolfarth60, mc/rider, Midget98, PIT CART, spicoli, tirespinner, TQ29m, TQ97, winged and non-winged
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #2 7/18/21 12:00 AM
3 Likes: Dirtfan, Rich Mersereau, tirespinner
kinser (Offline)
  #3 7/18/21 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
. How is this beating a dead horse ?? Hoosier can’t supply all the tires needed. They are having a lot of trouble with some of their left rears plus the prices keep going up. It’s time for some people to stand up and get this tire rule thrown out. It saves no one any money.
15 Likes: bighd0522, Charles Nungester, dirtguy34, DonMoore10, Dougherty20, Indy1808, jim goerge, luckybuc97, Midget98, mscs20, PIT CART, progressive22, racenut69, sprinter6, tirespinner
sp6967 (Offline)
  #4 7/18/21 8:14 AM
Originally Posted by kinser:
. How is this beating a dead horse ?? Hoosier can’t supply all the tires needed. They are having a lot of trouble with some of their left rears plus the prices keep going up. It’s time for some people to stand up and get this tire rule thrown out. It saves no one any money.
it may not save the racers money, but it does put some money in the promoters pockets.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
3 Likes: duel, jim goerge, tirespinner
chastaj (Offline)
  #5 7/18/21 9:31 AM
Class action lawsuit is only way to fix it. When you enact rules, payments, bribes to gain a monopoly on a good or service its anti trust 101. Or organize a protest and don't go racing for a few months. If racers would stand together then this wouldn't happen, but racers will not unite for the betterment of themselves. Never have, never will.
5 Likes: 1modracer, Ken Bonnema, Midget98, PIT CART, tirespinner
hairracer44 (Offline)
  #6 7/18/21 9:45 AM
'Capitalism without competition is exploitation'
2 Likes: Ken Bonnema, PIT CART
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 7/18/21 10:12 AM
Personally I think it sucks. I mean Hoosier vs American Racer (Big Mac's) was as much as a rivalry as Ford vs Chevy. Maxim Vs J&J, etc. etc.

However it's far from the only monopoly going on, Some series or tracks make you buy their tires or fuel from them. (Not necessarily dirt sprints)

Charles Nungester
Eric Smith (Offline)
  #8 7/19/21 9:59 AM
There's a track near me that gives fuel vouchers (for their fuel) as part of payout each night, and they give points for buying things at the track. Track owners are genius, and racers are dumb enough to go for it.
2 Likes: tirespinner, TQ29m