IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Truphy (Offline)
  #1 4/5/21 10:30 AM
Hey! I’m going to Kokomo for the first time this Friday. What’s the rules for seating? Coolers? And what’s the best seat in the house? Thanks in advance. And also what is the place to eat that I believe Josh Spencer(?) ,apology if that’s not the right name l, always talks about ? Blue moon or something?
revjimk (Offline)
  #2 4/5/21 11:53 AM
I like the back stretch bleachers, you can get up higher & see more, usually not as crowded
4 Likes: Blitzman, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner, Truphy
erich45 (Offline)
  #3 4/5/21 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
I like the back stretch bleachers, you can get up higher & see more, usually not as crowded
.And the sun is behind you
5 Likes: Blitzman, Hustlin-Hoosier, MBoersma, tirespinner, Truphy
Eric Smith (Offline)
  #4 4/5/21 12:59 PM
Half Moon. Great place.
7 Likes: billw, Blitzman, cmiracingvids, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner, Truphy
Truphy (Offline)
  #5 4/5/21 1:21 PM
Thanks! Now that I think about it Blue Moon is the beer !
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
oppweld (Offline)
  #6 4/5/21 3:36 PM
If you like the place with wangs, come back in three week and get your mind blown with a two day doubleheader of Non wing sprints and midgets!
6 Likes: addictedtodirt, Daboy, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, ISF, tirespinner
reeserx (Offline)
  #7 4/5/21 5:41 PM
Originally Posted by Truphy:
Hey! I’m going to Kokomo for the first time this Friday. What’s the rules for seating? Coolers? And what’s the best seat in the house? Thanks in advance. And also what is the place to eat that I believe Josh Spencer(?) ,apology if that’s not the right name l, always talks about ? Blue moon or something?
No coolers allowed inside, no outside food or drink allowed. They do sell beer in a nice beer garden. I prefer the front stretch, but the backstretch bleachers are nice aluminum bleachers. Get there early as parking is a premium especially for special shows like Friday will be. I’m not a huge wing guy but I really enjoyed last October’s outlaw race at kokomo. Lookin forward to this one as well. Half moon has good food, don’t forget about choo choo mcgoo’s as well on Markland ave. Good homestyle food. They are also big racing supporters
5 Likes: erich45, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, racenut69, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 4/5/21 6:48 PM
Backstretch both sun and wind will be at your back.

Don't even attempt to take a coke or something thru the gates.

Charles Nungester
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #9 4/5/21 7:03 PM
Half Moon is great! Definitely need to stop there. I prefer backstretch as well. The Outlaw show there last October was bananas. It was a great show!
4 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, reeserx, tirespinner
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #10 4/5/21 7:05 PM
Awesome racetrack, have some food and beverage before you go in. I heard that they make you spit your chewing gum out before you enter the track.lol. Any show there is bound to be a good one.
9 Likes: bighd0522, chrismattlin, Dirtfan, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, opnwhlmnd, spicoli, tirespinner